Has anyone used there own trays?

The Orange color is 1st run and purple is 2nd run. the #'s are just to ID the plants in zoom up image. Day 49 Ak47 and White Widow -autoflowers.

2 Likes

Gotcha, you should be good. I would think you can keep them all in the tent. Being autos the normally don’t get real tall. You might want to consider propping up the shorter ones to be closer to the same height as the taller ones.

1 Like

The Orange (day 49) color is 1st run and purple (Day 22) is 2nd run. the #'s are just to ID the plants in zoom up image. they are all a mix of Ak47 and White Widow -autoflowers.

yeah im gonna prop up one of the racks more but other than that…
Okay cool, so just do nothing haha. (twiddling thumbs)

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much just keep taking care of them and make the best use of the space

1 Like

@Pinboy hit on a real good point!
When my lights come on I’ll show you why it’s a Very good idea to run the same strain on a reservoir.
If you run more then one strain, each van require different stuff at different times and you end up with “musical deficiency” :rofl:

I got 8 plants in 1 tent right now.
4 autos in flower and 4 photos in veg.
Only useing 2 reservoirs right now, 1 for flower and 1 fir veg…
My plants in flower are 2 Twisted Cookies, 1 Crinkle cut, 1 Bruce Banner.
The cookies had some issues and i adjusted my reservoir and that triggered issues with the crinkle cut :confused:
The Bruce Banner doesn’t seem to care and just doing its thing. But its been a headache…

So now, my 4 plants in veg thats on the other reservoir are 2 The White OG and 2 Black Sugar.
The Black Sugar are super dark green almost to much nitrogen and the “The White OG” are extremely pale and needs way more nitrogen :confused:.

I’ve got several tents of various sizes and a few reservoirs. So this weekend I’ll set up another reservoir for the ones in veg, and when the new autopots i ordered get here, I’ll setup another tent and get 4 more going.

But i want be useing all 20 pots I’ll now have at once till next year probably…

2 Likes

Yeah, you have a lot going on! I’ve had differences that required some attention but nothing major. What I’ve done is for instance: 1 plant shows too much N, 1 plant shows not enough. I’ll up the N in the rez for the under fed plant then put straight ro water directly into the tray of the plant showing too much. You’d be surprised how much extra you can add to those trays

1 Like

That’s a great idea though adding straight to the tray to baby a fussy plant.

1 Like

Yeah it works good. That’s how I add stuff like recharge as well

1 Like

I kinda like my coco/perlite/buddy stones mix with h2o2 as a sterile system with no microbes at all.
My res, lines, trays, and pots, basically everything stays cleaner this way.
I tried promix adding recharge and using hydrogaurd in my reservoir. But it was a mess, my reservoir smelled weird, my grow bags was a disaster with stuff growing…

H2o2 is so much cheaper also and seems to be easier…
Im all about making things easy and i hate cleaning :rofl:

1 Like

I haven’t messed with h2o2 yet but the only thing that goes in my rez is ro and jacks and silica on occasion. Anything else goes to the trays which really isn’t that often. I’m as lazy as they get and so far I only clean between grows and it’s us really easy. I’m gonna look into the h2o2 thing, always lookin for knowledge!

2 Likes

How much h2o2 do you add?

2 Likes

Usely around 3-5ml per gallon if everything is just going fine.
But upwards of 10-15ml per gallon if i was trying to kill or combat something like algae, mold, or fungus…

There is alot of information on line about h2o2 benefits in hydroponics.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading up on it. Not yet sure if it’s for me but I’m not gonna rule it out. It kinda goes against the grain of what I’ve been taught/doing….wouldn’t be the 1st time :wink:

2 Likes

all this info is going to come in so handy later.
luckily i have been feed all my strains the same blend (depending on there growth stage) with no issues.
im going to re-read all this info try and internalize it.

1 Like

@DukeHale Depending on what nutrients you use it’s not always going to be an issue.
Where I use General Hydroponics trio and mix different ratios, it bites me in the but sometimes. It’s not always a issue and so far any yime its been an issue, its usually as they transition to flower and I just ride it out and they catch up to each other.
It would be ideal though to lower the odds by growing same strain on each res I believe…

1 Like

Ok get ready for some country boy engineering :cowboy_hat_face:
(Prob overkill HAHA)
Here are the pieces i will use

I looked at the auto-pot to see how the AquaValve sits in the container and i tried to mimic it roughly. the valve sits up a bit and has a channel to the middle of the reservoir and then the pot sits the highest with parts going to the deepest groove.

I used some random plexi glass. any hard flat surface that’s sturdy should work for a platform. Then dremel out your design.

So Egg Crate or Light Diffuser panel is the perfect size to fit the AquaValve. So i cut a piece and just used super glue to attach the T that holds valve in place.

I attached magnets to the bottom of the AquaValve plate took another piece of plexi glass (which will attach under the container / tray to hold the valve in place) and after lining it up marked where i wanted the magnets and super glued them to the plexi glass plate.
RECOMENDATION* if using magnets you might want to get fairly descent strength to prevent the aquavalve from moving off center . Also if you use any metal-to-magnet instead of magnet-to-magnet to fasten valve plate to the plate that goes under the tray; DON"T USE WASHERS! the magnet will want to shift off center of the washer because the hole in the middle. use a flat piece of metal.

I took a sponge filter of a aquarium sponge bubble filter and used it in my water resivior for the 1/2" tubing upgrade.

Mine Tray Vs AutoPots Tray

this is how high my reservoir is compared to the trays

3 Likes

Definitely over kill but nothing wrong with that :sweat_smile:
Looks good to me :grin:

1 Like

HAHA i know, but i just can’t do it any other way lol.

My excuse is because I wanted to make it to where i could quickly move it to another tray if that container was to flimsy to work when water was in it (yeah that sounds good lol :rofl:).

1 Like