Has anyone used ff water solubles open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching on auto flowers

I am using ffof and was going to try just the water soluble nutes from fox farms. The soil should do all the work up to flower i figure. Once flower shows is when I would use them. Has anyone tried this with autos?

1 Like

I usually mix them with the Fox Farm trio, but I read where others use them as stand alone products. They help build buds so no reason not to use them. They are also rather acidic so you seriously need to adjust pH.

1 Like

I figured as much, I always have lots of ph up n down so i am ready for that.

The first thing you need to be aware of is your nutrient load in your soil so get a run off sample before you feed anything.
@Bulldognuts has used the products before

3 Likes

Thanks for that advice anything i can get helps. I got nine girls i am going to try this stuff with, I dont want to kill them all.

1 Like

I sure do. Its part of the dirty dozen. I add it to my nutrient tea just as scheduled. Then PH. Expected PPM is listed on the schedule as well. Remember to give nutes at half of the recommended dose to prevent nutrient burn.

2 Likes

As @Nicky pointed out make sure to get runoff ppm’s before starting FF dry nutrients. If your pmm readings are good start nutrients at half strength like @forcedinduction points out.

2 Likes

Is the ppm listed on the ff schedule what the ppm going in should be or what your run off should be before feeding?

1 Like

Using ocean forest the ppm’s won’t be below 2000 unless you purposely flush all the nutrients out.

I would like to say that there is a difference between nutrients needed to keep a plant alive vs feeding to push the plant to get the biggest possible buds. I think you should start feeding at full strength and then if you spot a problem developing, back off.

2 Likes

The ppm listed on the chart is what you should get if you mix the fox farm trio with the solubles per the dosages listed, and assuming your water has low ppm to start with.

The ppm chart won’t help if you use the solubles as stand alone products.

2 Likes

Ocean forest ppm’s will drop over time, usually around week 4 in a 5 gallon pot, it will depend on pot size.
I do want to point out that the feed chart you posts @CMichGrower is the one fox farms shares on their website but what they fail to mention is the scale they measure in, it’s in the 7 scale not the 5 scale. Almost all of our meters are going to be 5 scales so this is an amendment to the chart, I really wish fox farms would change their chart.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I will be using these products as a stand alone feeding program. I will keep you all updated on how it goes.

Gave them some open sesame last week

they seem to be doing good I think or did I start the open sesame too soon?

1 Like

Per the feeding chart Open Sesame starts being used 1 week before switching lights, so no, you did not start using it too early.

Your buds are looking really good and appear to me to me almost ready to switch over to Beastie Bloomz which is used in the third and fourth week of flowering.

1 Like

Got a problem with one plant out of eight moved it with a friend. Anyone got an idea why the leaves are yellowing from center out and it is new growth not old. I. Need help please never had this happen before.

@Covertgrower, @Missiles, @Bulldognuts, @Hellraiser any thoughts on what i got going on here with this girl would help. Please and thank you.

All I’m seeing is rapid growth.