Has anyone used a food saver to cure?

Correct. No attachment. An im working on that little how to still. Its alot of info.

3 Likes

This is so right.

1 Like

Ok when ever ya get it done I’ll read it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

ill try that first then and will reread thread I believe @Soilgrowth explains it early in this thread :+1::v:
Thanks all happy growing

1 Like

Yes he does like in the beginning of this thread he describes how he does it. An he don’t have the lid attachment. I believe Jim (that’s what I call @Soilgrowth now) places the jar in a bag with a lid with no seal in it filled with bud then he suck out the air in bag with jar in it. The lid shouldn’t be sealed just on so that the buds don’t get crushed when vacuum sealing. But ya most defiantly check how he worded it.

2 Likes

Out of likes @Zero420 but thanks. :+1:

2 Likes

Out of likes, out of likes, that’s not acceptable.

Lol j/k Budd no worries. Hopefully this works for ya.

2 Likes

HI question after the 7 days do you still add humidity packs to your jars

@iceberg I don’t it will just dry it out more but I’m sure you can

Thks for quick response so after 7 days in vacuum bags and burping once a day that’s it can be put away for storage

Once there cured. Its made to keep them at best storage humidity. For Long term storage.

1 Like

What happen to that jar and the buds

I don’t quite understand the question the glass jar goes in bag lead gets taped down and bag sucker out open burp poured all out for 10 minutes put it back in that jar repeat

How long can you keep them in the bag for storage

I’m unclear on one thing:

when you vacuum seal the jars after they’ve been properly cured do you take out the 62% pack or do you leave it in?

Seems to me the jar will hold whatever rh the pack has brought it to, so I can take it out before sealing (to use it in another jar), or am I not understanding ??

This brand says this (keeping in mind they want to sell more so probably wouldn’t suggest re-using)…

“Boveda will do the fine tuning for perfect long term storage. Grow it, dry it, package it with Boveda. You get perfect long term curing for the best possible cannabis.”

1 Like

When storing the jar

Leave the pack in or take out

Is what I’m asking :yin_yang:

Really simple take it out
all he is saying is they want you buying more so company say leave it

3 Likes

I think I’m saying if you’re not concerned with the cost, leave them in. Nothing wrong with maintaining 62% or whatever you % you buy. The manufacturer intends them to be left in - but who knows, could be marketing. I did see a video where the guy removed them and the buds lost humidity, even sealed (albeit they weren’t vacuum sealed). He put a pack back in and 24 hours later it was back to 62 or 63%.

I’ll probably get some and do 1/2 and 1/2 until I can determine what’s going on then either remove or add depending. I have a cigar hygrometer I can throw in a jar to see.

3 Likes

Ordered my jar sealing attachments off Amazon 19$ For both large mouth and reg mouth jars it will be here today :grin:
Going to be a while longer before I can try it but I’m super excited about it anyway can’t wait :+1:

3 Likes