Has anyone used a food saver to cure?

Just out of curiosity does it take forever or do you have any issues with sucking the jar and all the air not getting out of it and allowing it to seal

It wont seal till its air is completely vacuumed out. But have to have the right bags

And i dont have any complications.

I have the food saver big bag

@Soilgrowth thanks a lot worked like a charm

1 Like

Use tape to keep the lid and lay it down

I use the MealSaver , it is the smaller , more portable vacuum sealer made by the same company. Saw a few videos last year so I got the Mealsaver for $22 and the Canning attachments for sealing for $28.00 on eBay. For $50 I consider it a great investment and it works GREAT. I have over 36 Mason Jars (quart) at the end of harvest to deal with during curing. Last year I only used the vacuum when I was putting them away for long term storage. I will have to try a few during the curing process to see the difference.

4 Likes

@Soilgrowth are you putting the lid on it and then sucking the air out or do you mean tape the lid of the bag so you don’t lose it I have a stack of lids I’m not worried about that but I can’t tell from your picture if you have just the lead without the screw down part in your bag @nwinbackyard i’ve been thinking about buying the attachment in doing it that way

I use just the attachment to vac seal the jars. I see what people are doing by looking at the pictures but I have never used a bag or tape. I feel once you see how good the attachments work , and get a feel for how to do it , over and over on 3 dozen jars , its the only way to go. The attachment is sold with a hose for use with the Foodsaver product. But once I saw the video of how to use the Mealsaver with just the attachment I was sold. It did take a few tries , at first , to feel how much pressure to put on the top of the attachment but once I got the feel for it , I said " This works awesome" . As I said , last year I used it for my long term storage and the jars I pull out 3 -4 months later are perfect . You have to really pry off the lid to get it open. Here was last years harvest all sealed up and ready for storage.

12 Likes

I had the attachment my old one broke. My wife bought this one so im goona do it this way till i but the jar attachment. But yes i only cure this way.

1 Like

I cure over 30 days , sometimes longer depending on the buds and how they feel. You say it’s all ready to go in 7 days ? Is it the vacuum process you say is helping speed up your cure time ?

Yes 7 days

2 Likes

Hey all ,
Great info will be buying attachment and trying this one out for my self
Thanks for the info all

1 Like

Dude 7 days you where right @Soilgrowth that worked great thanks for your insight on this. I also need to buy a new attachment for the jars but this way with the bags works great thanks again

4 Likes

And its nice right. Stinky?

Can i see a pic of the finished product

I’m gonna have to check this out…:smiling_imp:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

very Skunky very good high pain is gone within five minutes it’s kind of a creeper

9 Likes

@Soilgrowth here you go

10 Likes

And all the trichs are still nice. Very good job.

2 Likes