Has anyone tried these?

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Hydroponics-Recirculating-Multi-Purpose-Reservoir/dp/B09JRRJVSJ/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?keywords=vivosun+hydroponics+growing+system&qid=1653196268&sprefix=vivosun+hydro%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzS0dCRFVYRU9XNVVXJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODIwODQ1MU9MWE5CT0JDTEQ4QSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzc0OTUxM0syQlJOQTJQSFU5UiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=?tag=greenrel-20

I’m curious if they are better than traditional DWC or Top Feed systems… I wonder how you could also incorporate a reservoir so that these would auto circulate?? What about adding a water chiller such as this???

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Aqua-AACH10HP-Chiller-Cooling/dp/B07BHHQLKR/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=water%2Bchiller%2Bfor%2Bhydroponics%2Bsystem&qid=1653196830&sprefix=water%2Bchiller%2Caps%2C272&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNkU5VjlBTDRXUTU1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTE1NTQ2MjMxNVYxNVVYT1RaNyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTIyNTU3RjhUSjdERUJaMjM2JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1?tag=greenrel-20

Thanks for any advice on either of these ideas.

edited to add tags to links

1 Like

Not especially.

It does seem incredibly expensive for what it is - 4 black buckets, a couple pumps, and some net pots. I wish I could remember who it was around here who had a combo drip/DWC system and discovered the drip feed was stunting the plant root development because the roots didn’t actually have to grow anywhere to get water. They got a little splash from below like normal DWC and they got some water from the top feed so they didn’t need to move. @pr @Syndrix @HappyHydroGrower was it one of you? I can’t remember to save my life.

Water chillers are absolutely worthwhile for hydroponic setups.

I think HappyHydro can help suggest a more effective setup for less or the same cost.

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice!

2 Likes

I’m innocent, it wasn’t me :joy::joy::joy: I do grow in an rdwc system though that I built.

I would recommend building your own imo, you get to pick what you want.

1 Like

Nope wasn’t me. Rdwc only here. I agree with building your own. If I can do it, so can you.

If you have any questions, just ask away. Ton of folks here with lots of knowledge!

Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Twas not i :thinking:

1 Like

Huh! I wish I could remember :joy::rofl::joy: oh well.

Moral of the story is doing a DIY is definitely the way to go. I did it and had zero plumbing experience or hole saw operating experience. It was definitely ugly but it worked.

3 Likes