Has anyone heard of this photo flowering technique or is using this?

Now I opened my mouth let me go make sure I ain’t just to stoned :thinking:
On the extras, not the make/model

2 Likes

I should mention that the bars that I have are both photo-red and far-red. You jumper the driver to cause photo-red or far-red or both to illuminate.

I run both for five minutes before main lights ON and five minutes after lights OFF. In flower I run the far-red for 20 minutes after main lights OFF to initiate flowering. I run both reds when the main lights are on.

2 Likes

That’s a cool feature.

3 Likes

I think I should have keep my high ass mouth shut. Now I don’t know if I bought 2 or 4 of those boards. Not where I thought. And now the baby and woman are laying down so can’t ck there. Now I have a daily mission

3 Likes

We all do it sometimes. I certainly have. I’ve got a few posts around here I’ve thought about deleting. lol.

3 Likes

Sucks man, I know I ordered 4???

1 Like

I hope that this link is not a violation. Here is the red/far red that I have. Three of them.
Emerson Effect Booster Board — Rapid LED

With both reds on it is about 30 watts for each red bar.

1 Like

Thanks. I bookmarked it in case it gets taken down.

3 Likes

They may not be the cheapest game in town but I have had excellent results from day one. I purchased my COB’s and ChiLED pucks from RapidLED plus the frames. About 2200 watts in a 6X8 area. That does not include the reds or UV.

1 Like

Found my order :disappointed: sorry dude, I would have

1 Like

Sounds like you do as I do. I run 3 HLG 135 Rspecs above each plant for ~65w per sq. ft. I get 1,100 PPFD at the canopy doing this.

2 Likes

Yeah, I blast the crap out of my plants with light. I have dimmers on them but almost never turn them down. :grin: :man_mage: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

There’s a lot of different stuff you can use to supplement reds, blues, uv, whatever. As Merlin pointed out, rapid led has stuff for this. Cutter electronics has some pretty neat modules too.

If you plan to use like Merlin one qb3 would be enough. If you want to run full time with your current lighting a larger module would probably make more sense. I’m not familiar enough with drivers for these off the top of my head, but I’m sure we can find something once you decide what you’d like to do.

The rapid led system is pretty much plug and play with 12v power supply, and they have an optional mounting bracket to use with their diy frame.

3 Likes

I have one of those little far-red pucks that Rapid LED included in one of my shipments by accident. When I notified them, they said to just keep it. :grin: Never actually used it because I have the Emerson Effect bars.

3 Likes