Harvesting top colas first?

Hey there hope everyone here is having a great tine learning and expanding there knowledge to the community, im not a big fan of change and usually just harvest the whole plant when the top buds look ready ! This time on my NL auto i decided to cut the main top colas and leave the rest! Will this benefit me in the end? Will the lower buds that have 20 x more light get bigger? Curious for anyone who does this!

4 Likes

Just my first grow so not sure on bigger but it should and also have to watch tricones so you don’t let them go to far!!

2 Likes

@Jarnkat ya the lower branches are definitely way behind in the trichomes thats mainly why i left the lower stuff…always read of growers doing it but figured i would ask around here on this great ILGM site

2 Likes

Harvesting in stages is no big deal. I’ve done it repeatedly.

2 Likes

I am going to have the same call to make in a few weeks…

I am using CFL’s and lack of light penetration is now obvious.

Had decided to give it a go.

Let us know how it works out for you…

Ive heard that lots of growers do a staged harvest

1 Like

yes i certainly will! To be honest i cut all the main colas last night and just went down to check them out! I know its only been 12 hours but i can see all the lowers shooting up now towards the light i will upload a few pictures tonight! Why didnt i do this alonnnnnng time ago? Well thats because of patience i guess lol

4 Likes

So how did it work out for ya ?