Harvesting tips

There’s nothing wrong with showing off what you have.
As far as the harvesting techniques go, my process was very similar to what @dbrn32 described. He forgot to mention that the top cola can be more mature, so what I do is take an average from the whole plant and go from there. No nitrogen etc. as he stated.
You’ll get varying effects from the top bud to the lower bud. I’m also less picky of how much amber. If it’s mostly milky, and hardly a clear then we’re good. There was a HUGE difference in just a few days. Kids schedule didn’t allow me to harvest, and one of the GSC got a lot of amber, and I’ll tell you what, you know when you found one of those. Put you right to sleep. But now I know what I like. @merlin44

4 Likes

Grab one of your clones from heavy producer and run it as single cola plant.

2 Likes

How does one go about growing a “single cola plant”? Sounds like a perfect idea.

Isn’t one of the BOM rules that the plant must be grown from seed? I may be mistaken on this one.
@dbrn32

1 Like

Probably, don’t spend a lot of time around bom contest. But sounds right.

No topping or training will give you a main dominant cola. If you remove the lower budsites that appear all of the plants energy will be directed to the main cola.

Similar to the way you would remove larf from under scrog net.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s right @dbrn32 but it really comes with experience. We as growers know what we want, why because we have grows under our belt and this comes with time. You all know as well as I do your not going to get it right the first or even the 2nd grow. But having the support you have here your going to come out smelling like a ROSE

WIL

8 Likes

I’m in the sixth week of flowering. There’s only one Blue Dream plant. As I approach harvest time, I’m curious about “Flushing”. The only thing I’ve ever flushed is the toilet. :upside_down_face: Once I’ve given the plant the first and second flush do I simply water the plant daily until the final flush and then harvest? Thanks