Harvesting tips for a newbie?

I have a purple punch auto from Barney’s.

I think I have a couple more weeks to go, seed popped around 11/12/21 so i’m just passing week 9.
Started to show signs of preflower end of week 3.

I did have some deficiencies around week 4, but I’m not sure how that affected her if at all.

I have a 60x scope to check the trichomes, with my limited experience, they are almost all cloudy, with some appearing amber.

I prefer a less couchlock effect, so I don’t want to let things go too far, I’m not a yield chaser.
My goal is to produce Quality product with taste and fragrance as a priority over yeilds.

Here Is the best photo I could get with what I have, any and all input is welcome.

I noticed a ton of new white pistils the last couple days, I was thinking they would be more browned by this point?
Maybe 20% are browned and the rest are white or very light yellow.

2 Likes

First let me say congrats on getting this far, it ain’t easy is it?
2nd thing more pics are needed if possible, pic of whole plant. If you are getting new white hairs you probably still have few weeks to go, but more pics are needed.
3rd thing it’s really hard to tell for sure without tricomes pics. You might need to get a jewelry loop, or a digital microscope to be able to see tricomes. Both are quite inexpensive jewelry loop 10$ digital microscope 30$ on Amazon
But definitely need more pics to tell. Good luck

1 Like

I’ll snap some more pictures, I have a 60x loupe I can try to get a better trichome pic.

2 Likes

Sorry I most have missed that part 60x loop, still on my first cup of coffee this morning

No worries, it’s definitely early.

Here is the best I can manage with what I have currently.

3 Likes

Here are some full pictures

3 Likes

Nice thick buds. I think they need a bit longer. The white/light hairs show she is still bulking up some. 6 weeks in flower is kinda short. Try and hold out for 8 at least.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, I’m definitely in no rush.

2 Likes

Wow nice pics, I have a super hard time staying that still, so props on that one.
2 very nice coloration in those, seeing mostly clear , few milky and 1 or 2 ambers.
In the pics I’m seeing quite a few white hairs, so you are definitely on the right track and getting close, keep us posted

2 Likes

Your plants look great. Congratulations! I agree with HMGRWN that they probably need 2-3 more weeks. When taking photos of trichomes, it’s best to take photos of buds, not leaves, as trichs on leaves will be deceiving. (I wasn’t quite sure with your photos, though they may have been of buds.) You should be sittin’ pretty in a few weeks!

3 Likes

I appreciate the input, would you suggest I continue to feed another week or 2?

I’m not 100% sure on when to start flushing.

1 Like

I continue to feed as usual all the way to harvest. No flushing or extra dark period.

2 Likes

Perfect, I was just reading up on that, and it seems to be much less necessary than I have heard.

Everyone is different, and there’s nothing wrong with feeding to the end. I do stop feeding for the last week-ten days. If my trichs/buds looked like that, I’d probably feed them once or twice more, and then switch to plain, pH’ed water. Good luck!!