Harvesting tech question

I bet you’d know where to get some good tone/highly figured wood like used in guitars. :thinking: This one is black korina of course.

3 Likes

Well that doesnt grow in North America at least not to mu knowledged? Yes I have come across, Big leafed maple, sitka spruce, yellow and red cedar, and some other trees that would be interesting for a guitar build.

Here is the back of a guitar I built here is the front

5 Likes

Nice just nice :grin::sunglasses: flamed maple is way overated I think.

1 Like

Its nothing terribly fancy, sounds real good for a 000 body style, not as boomy as a jumbo of course, but medium depthe with shiny highs. Playability is pristine with a wide nut , bigger string spacing than typical, and a standard spaced bridge.

1 Like

That wood is very difficult to work because the grain is is not straight. Hence the patterns.

1 Like

I have noticed a distinct difference between a prolonged flush and without one which @Not2SureYet can attest to. That in conjunction with a peroxide bud wash produces the best results for me by far. Harvesting from darkness is a theory and not really supported by fact (like ice baths and stem splitting for example).

4 Likes

I used the curly maple for the sides too, believe me, the steaming and bending was a bitch!

1 Like

I like it nice nice etc. :heart: You tell me -the guys growing trees for instrument use aren’t stressing over nutes are they??:joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

I concur… not founded by science to date.

1 Like

LMFAO and here we all are. :grin: So seriously does your work knowledge help you in feeding?? Not trees

No I think not. There is a hige underground market for back and side wood… ie figured wood, many trees, specifically really old big leafed maple are beinh poached by thugs for figured instrument wood. Also sitka spruce is only legally harvested with tight straight grain in a few spots in BC, much is being poached by thieves. The worst part is the figure and tight grained wood is rare, so many a fine tree gets murdered and left to rot on the ground by these bandits. Its really sad :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Well to some degree the basic knowledge of plant biology is transferable for sure. Every now and then I get thrown a curve ball and cant, for the life of me determine the cause of an issue. For the most part, reading about the new understandings of modern greenhouse production will go a long way in helping to make big harvests a reality.

2 Likes

That is wrong I agree but when legally procured, you can get some nice material. Shame someone harvesting a tree for minimal use…

1 Like

I really think cannabis growing is full of many beliefs, and non proven methods that merit some serious debate. Much of it seems to be towards the end of the plants life cycle… its a plant… it has a life cycle… it has genetic traits. Can we improve the plant? No not really, genetics is a pretty big determining factor, you cant make a plant with pre determined growth characteristics do something that aint in the genes. Can we improve our growing method and outcomes? Hell yeah we can. My big thing os to stay as close to natural as possible… the least amount of tech and manipulation, in my mind, is best because it simplifies the entire process.

3 Likes

Well said brother.

2 Likes

Actually Im preparing my grow room for a run of hydroponic lettuce as we type
Just cleaning it out after drying 6 pounds of Balkhi

2 Likes

2 Likes

That’s how I started with cannabis in hydro I really like it and feel more in control than day soil idk I read about both ways and hydro appealed for several reasons. I’ve gotten 8oz from one auto before. :grin:

2 Likes

Growing something short like an indica?

No actually lettuce
Probably Romain, iceberg and red headed
I do start my outdoor here in February typically
Lettuce is 5 to 6 bucks a head where I live. I have a family of 4 to feed. We eat a lot of lettuce. My kids and wife dont eat pot. Although I wish my wife would… she could use it. :laughing:

1 Like