Harvesting SEEDS

Here’s what I’ll do:

I have a clone that is currently 2 weeks into flower(12/12 as of 2/14). I will remove it from the tent, blow crushed aspirin all over it, then I will blow the loose aspirin off, and put it back in my tent. How quickly will I see evidence that there are seeds?

2 Likes

good day
ive taken my plants at 7 or 8 weeks and they are there.

What week did you apply aspirin at?

1 Like

I do it at week 3 sorry i didnt tell that. its cool your trying it

1 Like

@George Covey

Speaking of seeds, will this open up? Rooted, popped the surface and hasn’t done anything else in 36-hours. Is this a lost cause? It’s a Blue Dream auto from ILGM.

That looks too wet. Also, what is that mix? Is doesn’t look great for seedlings.

If it’s still alive, it will keep sending up a stem even if the cotyledon fail to break open the seed shell.

If it stops growing, my guess would be that it dampened off, given how wet the medium is.

It appears damper than it actually is, it’s Miracle Grow soil with nutes, mixed with garden topsoil 50-50 just to start it. Has worked well in the past, including the last seed I sprouted before the puppy destroyed it last week.

1 Like

I just put it outside in the sun to remove some moisture, hopefully it will live. After the puppy incident, and now this, my timeline is falling way behind.

1 Like

@GardenGrove That sucks - re: pup.

1 Like

@GardenGrove How did that work?

Need confirmation of this working, also we will need multiple test to prove or disprove the theory…

One thing I would be careful of…

Aspirin may cause you plant to herm out and create feminized pollen sacks which will pollenate your grow.

I think is what’s going on, the plants are being allowed to pollenate themselves

Used to crush aspirin and spray it on plants to creat feminized pollen, it’s just not as effective as sts/colloidal silver

1 Like

That’s a likely explanation. I will be extremely surprised if it triggers apomixis, but I’m watching closely to see if it causes hermaphroditism.

2 Likes

She dead. Like @KeystoneCops said, probably dampened off. I popped a new seed in proper soil, FFOF with FFHF on the top layer. Now I’m just waiting for it to pop.

1 Like

@GardenGrove Sorry… better luck with this one!

hi sorry i havent been on one of my best freinds has stage 4 cancer and is doing cemo. ive been trying to help out as much as i can. but i will be checking in.

Yeah I have heard of that - crushing aspirin and mixing with water to spray the plants to create hermies, even just watering the plants with aspirin as well. Never heard of dusting the pistils with the aspirin though.

@KeystoneCops Let us know how the experiment turns out.

2 Likes

@KeystoneCops How did your aspirin seed experiment turn out?

1 Like

Yep, would love to hear if there was a report?

1 Like

I am waiting for the keystonecops to turn into the men in black. LOL