Harvesting my plants

• List item

Could you please tell me if I am ready for harvesting? I am a beginner and feel that I’m very close to harvesting but do not know for sure. Maybe in another week? I do not know what kind of seeds I planted as they were from two years ago. I cannot find how to post except through this. Attached are some pictures please help.

1 Like

You need to plan on 3 weeks min. They will swell a lot in that time.

1 Like

You’ve still got time. 2 to 3 weeks I’d say.

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome. You did great to get photos uploaded too. The pistils will tell you when you are getting close. They turn brown / orange and kind of withdraw into the calyx. To give you an idea, this is an AK-47 a week before harvest.

In the meanwhile, suggest picking up a jewelers loupe to be able the check on the trichomes. Ultimately they will tell you it is time. I prefer using a USB scope. I have a hard time holding a loupe steady and close enough to get a really good look.

1 Like

beardless https://ilgmforum.com/u/beardless Regular
May 25

Kaizangirl:

I cannot find how to post except through this.

Welcome. You did great to get photos uploaded too. The pistils will tell
you when you are getting close. They turn brown / orange and kind of
withdraw into the calyx. To give you an idea, this is an AK-47 a week
before harvest.
[image: IMG_0004]
https://global.discourse-cdn.com/growingmarijuana/original/4X/4/d/0/4d0209ed39784fbecef1f92d56af634fe3c8d41e.jpeg

In the meanwhile, suggest picking up a jewelers loupe to be able the check
on the trichomes. Ultimately they will tell you it is time. I prefer using
a USB scope. I have a hard time holding a loupe steady and close enough to
get a really good look.

Thank you! What is a jewellers loupe if you don’t mind me asking?

Visit Topic

If you want to reply to me directly use @beardless. I will be notified you replied to me. Another to contact directly is by using the quote feature. I used the quote when I first responded to your post. When you use the quote it gives your name and what ever text I highlighted.

Now you asked me a question about a jewelers loupe.
So when I respond I will highlight the text of your question. A quote bubble will appear. Click on the quote bubble and the response will contain your name and the highlighted text

Here is an example of one.
https://www.amazon.com/JARLINK-Illuminated-Jewelers-Magnifier-Foldable/dp/B078N34WZR/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ND0r9rl8AIVb21vBB0PxAQpEAAYAiAAEgJVOvD_BwE&hvadid=409960819195&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9018934&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17937638349381680262&hvtargid=kwd-21705690048&hydadcr=24657_11410751&keywords=jewelers+loupe+60x&qid=1621975715&sr=8-10
ILGM has some type of agreement with amazon so we can copy paste product links. Virtually all other direct links are prohibited.
This is a jewelers loupe. The large viewer is 30x and the small one is 60x. They do OK for a quick look to see how the trichomes look overall.

I should add this.
If you want to continue the post / thread simply use the (blue) reply at the bottom of the page.