Harvesting in stages

Question about harvest ,indoor grow , diff strains, diff ages . Some buds/ tops ARE READY …( but) my room FILLED FULL there are many smaller buds under growth that are not ready yet. Can we/ U/ I just cut tops & ends of some limbs, LIKE in stages , let the light get in to immature stuff and let the smaller imuture stuff continue. Will this mess with quality? I prefer quality over quantity BUT HATE TO SEE WASTE.

No, you can do that. A lot of folks on here do that. Good luck to you

1 Like

its my favorite mode of harvesting, give them lots of fan action , they like it (no hurricane) see above Guides.
:seedling::man_farmer:

New guy here. Doing your harvest in stages, does that effect the flushing process or do the smaller lower buds just get flushed earlier?

do a slow harvest on only whats ready.
i do not feel qualified to answer your flushing question. let me know please.
:man_farmer::seedling::rainbow:

I not really an expert so maybe wait for experts to respond ,but I DONT really flush like they mean it to be done , after 3rd week of flowering I JUST give plants plain water NO FOOD OR FERTILIZER, that way I can nip the big mature buds ( when ready ) and let the smaller underneath buds continue growing. My experience is with full hard flush the plant is drowning & die- ing. By just watering plant can continue growing.

Ok thx. Like your honesty.

1 Like

Makes sense. :+1:

Staged harvests are a good way to max the yield. Take the bigger most ripe buds. Let the smaller lower buds get bulked up.

1 Like