Harvesting Challenge, 2 Strains 1 Tent

Hey everyone,

I have 4 plants in a 5x5 right now and 2 of them are autos as the seed bank messed up my order so I grew them anyway.

The 2 autos are a couple of weeks from harvest whereas the 2 photos still have about 8 weeks to go, so drying the autos in the tent isn’t going to be a good option.

I’m looking for DIY ideas on how to harvest and dry the autos, last grow I used a closet to dry but I had an ac infinity fan drawing the air out, and their controller but those are now being used in my tent.

I’ve seen people make cardboard boxes with an outtake fan that they duct to the tent which causes passive extraction from the dry box, I also only have a small humidifier so if I should get some fans and a small dehumidifier/hygrometer then I’m open to it, I’m just concerned that would dry them too fast.

I want to give as much care to the harvesting as I have to the grow to get the best out of it!

Also just because this is interesting, one of the photos has starting showing double colas and fascation, interesting to see what the bud will look like:

@MattyBear @beardless @CurrDogg420 @Hellraiser @Lacewing @Nicky @GreenJewels

4 Likes

The WeDryer XL may well be the best $100 I’ve ever spent - and I initially spent it to deal with a similar situation. Now it is all I use for drying.

6 Likes

I have something similar to what @Newt uses. Just try to have the humidity and temps in the room they are hanging in at optimal levels and you’ll be just fine :call_me_hand:t3::v::bear:

3 Likes

Any means of keeping temps and RH in range will work. I try for 60°F but anywhere between 60-70°F has done well for me. I keep my RH at 58-60. I dry in my canning closet so these parameters are easily achieved for me. In the past i have used a large plastic container. I cut a hole and rigged up a duct tube to to it that ran to my veg tent that was in the desired parameters for temp and rh. I rigged up some curtain rods to hold the colas. I kept the lid unsealed and slighty cocked to the side for more airflow. The box is somewhere in one of my older journals.
This all could be done with a cardboard box also.
With my current canning/drying closet, i use a small humidifier or dehumidifier, depending on the season to keep my rh at 60. I dry for 10-14 days. A Slow dry gives me the best terps.

5 Likes

@Newt how is the smell when you dry with this? Or do you keep it in the tent so it gets filtered? I see it says change special filter every 3 months, but is it a dust filter or activated charcoal filter?

I just bought the 2-pack of AC Infinity USB fans. The box the hottub steps came in is about 8" x 12" x 36", going to put 1 fan intake at the bottom, other exhaust at top and run strings from the sides to attach buds to. And place it in the corner of my tent when my auto finishes well before my photos do. Wish I’d waited 2 weeks before I ordered those fans! This WeDryer, if it doesn’t let the smell out, could be a great Father’s Day present!

2 Likes

It’s a charcoal filter. I bought the small WeDryer on @Newt’s advice and I’m very happy with it. It dried my popcorn buds in 4 days to the proper level, I was impressed. I probably should have gotten the bigger one. My big branches are hanging in my small tent right now.

I have no sense of smell atm so I’m not sure how it’s doing for scent. Last I could smell anything my grow room smelled like a weed whorehouse - I had five in bloom at the time and well, even with filters there’s some bleedthrough.

2 Likes

The WeDryer XL has a built-in fan and carbon filter. You can still smell it some, but it isn’t bad at all.

4 Likes

Very interesting that I’ve not seen this before, do I need to run a dehumidifier near it or does this kit manage everything? Definitely a better option than building a box!

I run a cool mist humidifier in the room where I hang it. And I use distilled water in it to prevent any residue.

I have never needed to run a dehumidifier in the room with it. I would think unless the ambient RH is more that 70%, there shouldn’t be a need to dehumidify.

1 Like

I’m sold bud thanks for the suggestion

1 Like