Harvestin first indoor on Sunday. Advice? Please

Hey all I’m in the harvest window and I’m looking to take my girl down on Sunday. Any advice for a newb grower? This is how she looks I’m at 8 weeks now Day 57 she’s looked this way now for some time and I’m not sure of the strain either.

11 Likes

Nice nugs. I close-up of the trichomes and what you are looking for will be helpful.

3 Likes

Thanks @fixpower but I’m not that new I was asking for some maybe more advanced techniques like things I’ve read about darkness period and I’ve baths. Anyone have any experience with these methods? Or letting my plant dry out before harvest harvest with lights off ? Lights on. What seems to be the best method. ??? That’s what I’m asking. Anyone have any good methods that work exceptionally well?

2 Likes

If you’re using synthetic nutes, don’t forget to flush.

3 Likes

Thanks @Drinkslinger I’ve been flushing for over a week. Ph 6 water 5ml per gallon slf100 :muscle::muscle:

5 Likes

I selective harvest myself that way I get energetic, couch-lock and sleepy weed. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand: I hope you have a bountiful harvest!

2 Likes

Selective meaning you pick nugs off the plant at different times with different ratios of clear milky amber trichomes or is it something else ? Because I’m very selective of the plants I decide to flower. I need to have some good smells and some vigorous vegetative growth with no pm. I learned my lesson. Once pm always pm. :man_facepalming: learning curve there. Only got the one plant. Thankful for that.

2 Likes

@123Rosie I do my first harvest when it’s mostly cloudy. My second I wait for 50/50 my third I let go all the way. The third does wonders for sleep :wink: it works pretty good for me. Three totally different buzzes in one grow. :v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Nice that sounds like it’s a great thing to do. That reallyworks like that ?? You do it all the time ? I’m Loving that idea. I would be able to grow from
Clone and do that with whole plants. For my self. At the moment I’m trying to figure the best shape of plant for my tent so I can fit an optimal amount of plants in at one time and the plants can have substantial size but not overlap. So I’m working with some ideas not sure what to do lol. That’s the point of my growing skills. I’m looking into getting a ezcloner and going with that process I’m growing a bunch of plants from seed but I plan on gettin another tent. For the ez clone and seedling. Keep the vege tent the wAy it is for now. Or double it. Not sure. I want to become perpetual. Grow from clone using proven mothers Ive found. And have a loop. Like a system where I am harvesting plants every month. Not sure how yet but I’m gettin there. Slowly.

4 Likes

@123Rosie I’ve done it my past two grows. I only grow 2 girls at a time. I’m growing for personal use and meds for my wife. The system works great if your cool with 5 to 7 month harvests. I grow photos. Thinking about autos next grow. Happy growing and keep on keeping on! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

If you have temperatures and humidity right. temp I bnb think high 60s very low 70s, not sure on humidity, maybe 60s. I’d cut all the top colas off, trim all the fan leaves off and leave all buds on giant stem and hang upside down in drying areas. Then give the bottom buds that didn’t receive much light a few more days. If drying temperatures are high, leave all fan leaves on

1 Like

Would you recommend using auto or fem?

1 Like

I grow both. I like having the control over photo period plants than autos. @WickedAle says growing autos is like herding cats

1 Like

It would be time to start defoliating. I would be removing any leaves you don’t intend to keep. 36 hours of darkness, dehumidify for the last two weeks (20% RH is great), flushing and monitoring the runoff numbers until below a target TDS.

DO A BUD WASH. Regardless of indoors or outdoors; there are environmental pollutants on your plant that an H2O2 wash will remove.

3 Likes
1 Like

Fems all day in that equation. No brained. I’d never ever recommend autos. Not even to
My worst enemy.

1 Like

Really!!! That doesn’t effect the taste or smell of my buds at all. ??? I find it hard to believe but I will try this on one branch. If it turns out same as other branches I will do it for entire next round. I’m doing like a good 15-20 day flush. I’m on day 58 now so I just gave it a ice water ph6.0 let’s see Wahhabism tomorrow brings.

These are my Other plants in week 2 of flower.

I’m feeding silica calmag amino acids floraflex mammoth p slf100 ec2.6
That’s a lot more than I usually feed. I want to see if I burned them. Hope not. recharge once a week. ph 6 All the time. That’s a willies cut kush cake by seed junky gen in a 5 gal. And sunset sherbet sundae driver x nbk by jungleboys lots of ppl told me on my last grow I should of added more nutes. Especially ppl that use same nutes as me. So here I go lol.

1 Like

Yeah I’m cool with whatever bro. I’m staggering plants in my flower tent so like I’m harvesting every other month or something like that so I mainline. Let them vege lonG for a Time like 75-90 day I give nutes in vege after a while and I gave low nutes EC 1.8 entire flower.Silica but I cut in mid flower amino acids calmag Floraflex ph6 slf100 mammoth p and recharge once a week up until week 5 of flower and the cut it. Last 15 days. Water slf100 ph6 last water just water. Ph6. Let plant get little dry put in dark 48 hours then harvest. That’s basically everything I did last 2 grows. I’m looking to change things up make it more efficient. I have a separate vege tent now with a bunch of babies in there now and I’m about to harvest this week. One plants I hope it’s good lol. The other plant got sick I threw it out. I was starting the stagger but I realize now bad idea. I lost a plant. I only had 2 plants I lost one to powder mildew so now my yield dropped 50% that’s wack. So now I’m doin 4 at a time staggered by weeks. But I’m working up to hunting out 4-5 mother plants and just growing from clones. That seems to be the most effective way to grow good yields and control the quality and maintain a genetic. With a good turn around time. I’m gonna do the ez clone machine in a tent with seedlings and I’m gonna do a vege tent separate and then I’m Finn do one more flower tent. So I will stagger the tents then and not the plants in the tents. This is all a plant tho and not gonna happen for a few weeks at least.

3 Likes

Sounds like you have a great plan!! We always have to tweak because stuff changes as we go and we just roll with the flow and the show goes on. I agree with you on keeping a few mother plants once you find the strains you like. Starting with seed everytime differs so much and takes longer for sure. Good luck and can’t wait to see how it goes. :+1::wink:

2 Likes

IMO it improves the aroma, it increased the storage duration without degradation it removes any WPM that may be present inside the flower. Peroxide turns into Oxygen and water with zero residue.

That’s after one plant

3 Likes