Harvest - when to start flush

Hi all - this is my third year growing outside here on cape cod - seems the first 2 years I didn’t time my harvest correctly and some of the plants started to get moody - )I mean MOLDY) ya these guys really took off - could be the long hot summer with little to no rain - I used Fox farm 3 step from the start and watered with a soaker hose - any advice on when to start the flush- and wondering what stage my plants are now - when to harvest etc. - thanks in advance - nick

3 Likes

Many weeks to go. Not sure when your season ends, but you’ll likely go to first frost. I wouldn’t worry about flushing.

2 Likes

I’m out on the end of Long Island mine are about the same stage as yours I’m thinking late October

2 Likes

It looks like your plant likes cape cod. Nice

2 Likes

Welcome back! Start nute restriction in the final 2 weeks. Judge it off pistils or trichomes. Pistils will be 90% red at the two or three weeks till finished landmark (usually, no plant has an exact timeline) Trichomes will be mostly cloudy (again usually) this is as good a time to stop feeding as any.
Your plant doesnt look to be too far into flower, couple weeks at most yeah?

2 Likes

Water only the last couple of weeks finish up around the 1st frost. Good luck :v:

2 Likes

I don’t flush. Just one more thing I would forget to do so I don’t! I keep everything as simple as possible.

3 Likes

Hi again all - I want to let my plants go as long as possible this grow - I am wondering if I should harvest now as this is what is happening - The flowers are still green but beginning to turn - We are expecting the remnants of the hurricane tomorrow so lots of rain - Advice please - confused - don’t want to blow it and hope I haven’t already - thanks in advance all - nick

1 Like

Looks kinda like bud root homie