Harvest twice for different buzz

Can I harvest only half, saving the rest for a later harvest and a different buzz?Screenshot_20180215-160450

3 Likes

Yes you can absolutely harvest in stages
Some will take the upper buds and allow the lower parts of the plant keep flowering another few weeks

8 Likes

Hi and welcome :sunglasses::v:
I’m a new comer myself with just one grow still in progress but I would think that could work …then you could see what you like best :wink::grinning:

2 Likes

Of course but I already know what I like and you don’t always want the same buzz. When I’m busy crafting and putzing I want more energy. When it’s bed time, not so much :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you @Countryboyjvd1971✌

Sounds like a good plan to me @Fairieswear8oots . I’ve been thinking the same thoughts

2 Likes

@Fairieswear8oots I trimmed all the big colas and left the smallest for a bumper harvest. I did not notice a change in potency because the ones that were left on had not finished buddin’ out. Welcome and happy growing. This is a fine place to be!! Before P1010330 After :woman_farmer:t4:P1010340|668x500

10 Likes

OOPs After didn’t downloadP1010340

3 Likes

@Fairieswear8oots Sativa for crafts (I draw) and Indicas for bedtime Hybrids a bit of both! :woman_farmer:t4:

8 Likes

Oh cool. Thanks for the before and after pics. Somehow in most pictures, I only see the main colas and didn’t realize there could be all these smaller ones also @highcountrygal. Did you do any lst or topping or? You got a huge amount of bud on your plants . But I realize that you’ve got a true green thumb :herb: and can’t expect for the same results that you have achieved. Awe inspiring

3 Likes

@mulegal Groovy! No I don’t pinch, I go for quality vs quantity because it’s just me. In the top pic on the extreme r you can see my 23" cola that the 7’+ BTY (better than yours) never saw the top until harvest. Look at the sturdy stems and main branch, I never had to stake, tie, prop one single branch. and I will sum it up in one word ‘pancakes’ gypsum. The main stalk wasa 5 1/2 " around. And yes you can do it just like this. Just remember your mind listens to what your mouth says so if you say you can’t you won’t! :woman_farmer:t4:

4 Likes

Thank you @highcountrygal!.and beautiful plants!
I’m not necessarily looking for a 'better" buzz, I’m trying to get 2 “different” types of buzz.
I totally get the trim to allow lower buds more breathing room and more access to light. Did you notice a difference in your buzz? Check out the chart above. I’m going for the middle two👍

1 Like

Sure thing @Fairieswear8oots
What are you using to see tricombes?
You may find that your pretty close to what your looking for
If you wait for tops to be cloudy your lower buds may be at that 50/50% or close
Personally ill take mine when all cloudy or 20% amber to cloudy ratio but that the best part of growing your own medicine isnt it
We can choose the type of effects we get
I also like to have day time and night time smoke
I suffer with back issue so staying asleep is my biggest issue
Do you have a journal going if so tag me in
:v:️ CB :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Im doing a staggered grow now. However the buzz wont be any different as the buds left were in middle & bottom of canopy not getting as much light as the rest. I grow two strains a daytime med & a nighttime med.
Happy Growing!

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for all that info. I bought a Jeweler’s loupe off of Amazon. I took my first peek with it this morning. They’re there, definitely clear and small but they’re there🤗
I’m working with a couple other people on another Post in regards to some nut burn😣.
I hope she makes it, I’m glad I found this site when I did though I wish I would have found it sooner!
:v::heart:

5 Likes

Tag me info the other thread your talking about
Let me see whats going on there
They are pretty strong plants and can take alot of abuse and survive

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971
I just did

2 Likes

@Laurap Morning! I was thinking of doing a stagger grow. What is your cycle like? Do you plant like a month apart? Would love to hear what you do. :woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

@highcountrygal 4-6 weeks in between is what your looking fir to start a perpetual grow depending on space you have available

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 Mornin’! Thanks I may be biting off more than I can grow! I think the paranoia might consume me! Maybe I will stick to ‘normal’ I was thinking like every two weeks. Goes to show I shouldn’t think!! Okay what am I supposed to be watching for on my growing girls? They are almost 10" tall. I am lost and I don’t have GPS (Global Pot Sense) for winter. :anguished:

3 Likes