Harvest time on auto blueberry

I live in Alaska and right now we have 24 hour daylight. My blueberry is sitting outside enjoying life. The seed was planted April 5th, sprouted April 9th. She appears to have turned hermie. She is in heavy flower as well. The fan leaves are turning purple on the cola. It’s raining so no pictures, sorry. When should I harvest? I know that I can’t go by time, because I have another blueberry planted at the same time that is way behind the one mentioned. With the plant going hermie, I am not sure what signs to look for to say “Harvest me now!”. Thank you in advance.

Need pictures…
And tricome pictures also… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Start with this…Harvesting Marijuana: Our Guide to The Perfect Harvest!
@peachfuzz is right about photos if you want opinions.

1 Like

1 Like

finally stopped raining… best pictures I could get. Hopefully this helps you help me.

Lots of more time to go…
That bud should be bigger than your arm when finished… :+1::wink:
Month or more to go… :+1::wink:
Are these some weird auto’s… ?
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve seen several of these around the forum lately. One guy chopped one that ended up looking like a 6 inch tall Christmas tree after it was trimmed. That was the whole thing. There are some wonky genetics getting into someone’s autos.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve got one. From s…dsm@n free autos, “strawberry cheesecake”.

3+ months. Foxtailing like crazy.

1 Like

I am a newbie so this may not mean squat, but I wonder if the size of the pot and being outdoors has an impact on a plant’s height. I have posted on here and my plant is the better part of two feet tall in a 2 gallon pot for pot.! Good luck 20200711_210620|375x500

This is an auto from ILGM. Wonky, weird, I don’t know…

2 Likes

I meant to say 4ft tall. Not enough THC in my system, sorry

That looks… odd? Like bad genetics odd? Might be good smoke though?
Had some m17 mighty mites that looked a bit like that, but even they had a more traditional xmas tree shape to em.

I ordered it from ILGM I’m sure it will smoke good. Since we have 24 day light, almost it’s whole life has been outside. The side colas are a bit behind so I will probably harvest the middle then later on harvest the side shoots. I need to glass the tricombs to judge clear or milky. A trip to the store for a lupe coming soon.

so, I have harvested my blueberry auto. I have dried it, and smoked it. I have a new favorite strain! It will be a permanent fixture in my rotation. Smooth with no coughing. Comes on smooth but fast. Couch lock and the munchies are for real with this one. Overall very good, very very good.

3 Likes

@KevinG,
You didn’t mention anything about the euphoria. Does yours hit you with any of that? Mine sure does…

1 Like

That is awesome. I’m working on my first and it is BB as well. So, from breaking soil to harvest - about 17 weeks? Do not know when you actually harvested, but you said sprouted on April 9th.

I know there is much variability in each grow; just want to get an idea. I am at 11 weeks of flowering tomorrow (15 total since breaking soil).

Looking forward to this! It has taken much longer than I thought.

1 Like

I sowed the seeds on April 5th. I planted 2 bb seeds. I left them on the roof through summer, 24 hours of sun light (Alaska). I’ve already lopped, dried and cured one plant. Smoke is awesome! The other plant was right beside the first one. The 2nd plant was slower by nearly 3 weeks. I am doing my final trim today 8/27 I checked the drying yesterday, my first branch snapped when I bent it. Too stoned to trim, so today is the day! So to answer your question, 2 identical plants seeds from the same company. Grown in exactly the same circumstances, harvest was 3 weeks apart with the same plant date. Times will vary, I am ocd as anyone, the time is what was killing me! I wanted to know when to harvest, to the minute, by time. I ended up getting a $10 pocket microscope from Amazon. Looking at the tricombs was the only way to tell for sure. I’m glad that I went the route I did! Patience is a virtue, and good bb is worth the wait to be sure!

2 Likes

Thanks. So you are looking at around 20 weeks from planting, more or less! Wow!

Ya, I’ve been clipping little bits here and there to see the trichomes. Whenever I look, they seem clear as glass. As you said, “Patience is a virtue.” So I am sticking to it and waiting.

Thanks. Good luck with the remainder of the harvest. :call_me_hand:t3:

Wait for her, and she will reward you with her hypnotic stone buzz. I knew with my blueberry that I didnt want to wait for the tficomes to turn amber. You just have to go with what YOU want. Your plant will give you all the information you need to decide when to harvest. I dont think you are gonna be disappointed…

2 Likes

So I finished trimming the second bb this morning. 36.2g dry weight. After weighing I just had to do quality control… glad I did… AWESOME! I find that frosted tricombs are perfect for me, before going amber. Well worth the wait! Glad that I ordered several seeds!

2 Likes