Harvest time and I’m finding plants with seeds

I have 6 WW Auto’s and I’m finding seeds in some of the plants as I’m pulling them. I had to pull one earlier because it became a hermaphrodite, which is the cause of my problem, I think. Should I throw those away ? Or Can I hang them with To dry with the others and get what I can? Also do I need to wipe down my flower room?

1 Like

How bad are they? Pictures?

The weed will still be quite smokeable just seedy. Hang and dry as normal. Spray the room down with 2 percent water and bleach solution. Which should be done regularly anyways. Definitely between grows. You should also clean pots and stuff in a similar way.

2 Likes

Thanks. So my 6 auto flower seeds were feminized. One became hermie. One plant seems to be OK, the other 4 have seeds. Can these 4 plants with seeds pollinate other plants being that they came from feminized seeds and are not officially male plants? They never had pollen sacks.

1 Like

The one who hermie’d shot pollen in your grow area. That pollen could very well still be in there and viable. Its not the 4 others you need to worry about dusting anything else. Its the presence of the dust in the first place. Removing a hermi is not removing the pollen. If some have seeds, pollen was released.

As stated above. Clean the room, and no issues. Ur other (4) plants arent a threat unless:
A. They hermi’d themselves
B. They still have the original pollen on them

2 Likes

Thanks for the info

So how do plants turn to hermies?

Free seeds

1 Like

Light stress, heat stress, physical stress. Usually from stress.

2 Likes

Ahh I get ya thanks bro

1 Like

Happy cannaversary @Tinman

@Se7en it’s essentially what @fast-grow said. Stress. Genetically, most weed can self pollinate. Its a last ditch effort by female plants to pass on their genetics. And face it, thats almost the whole point of life (biology n the horizontal chacha). Make, teach, n hope for the best (kids)

3 Likes

Ahhh okay I see and does this do anything to the flower or the plant in general? Like is it best to harvest if that happens straight away?

It is a good thing us humans can’t do it or us men would be extinct…

3 Likes

The seeds that are produced via stressor herm’d pollen would more then likely pass on the triggers for whatever hermd her.

A plant who herms from light leakage over dark hours during flower will produce seeds who easily will herm from the same stress. Its not always horrible, but stable and good breeders should avoid adding unwanted problems.

3 Likes

Thanks @PurpNGold74

2 Likes

Ahhh I get ya so it’s a genetic thing once you stress them

1 Like

Now you’re set on seeds for a while

2 Likes

I think it’s more activating something in the genetics that is then active in the offspring.

Plants fully pollinated or that spontaneously seed will divert all their energy into seed production and THC will fall off over time. If a few seeds then likely nothing to worry about. It’s pretty common to find a few seeds in autoflowers that have left to really mature late for example.

3 Likes

What’s everyone’s opinions on this for flowering autos?

Ive heard of it, but never used. Sorry bro

1 Like