Harvest questions

Yep, they will work in a scrog. Just another form of lst.

I have a 3 x 3 tent do you think I could grow three atos comfortably ? I just grew 4 phots, and it was crowded. Do you think I can fill the canopy with two, or will I need three to do that? Also with atos do I need the scog sceen to be lower ? I’m not sure who the atomic experts are out there, but I’m pretty sure your there and I will thank you for your help in advance. @Drinkslinger @Budbrother @blackthumbbetty @tanlover442 @MBgrower

Strongly suggest planting more than desired. Why?
Not all plants will be healthy and grow well. If you plant 5 and then pick best 3 females, you should be able to utilize the 3x3 grow space. Hint: do not let plants get too tall before switching to flowering. Plants will shoot up for two weeks…roughly doubling in height.
Start the LST early. topping autos is usually considered not a good thing.

Your best bet with an auto is to do as little to it as possible if u haven’t grown them before. With autos training has a very rigid timeline for the plant to react favorably. Your first run with them I think I would just let them grow and learn about them. You should have plenty of room for 3 autos in a 3x3.

Happy growing which ever direction u go

2 Likes

@anon95385719 makes a good point. Get your feet wet first. They grow flower and stretch differently. I don’t do more than 2-3 in a 3x3. My last auto scrog was with 3 plants. I didn’t quite fill the screen. I decided to let them stretch.

2 Likes

Autos are great! They don’t respond as well to certain forms of training, such as high stress training, simply b/c they grow on a set timeline of their own making. Usually, if hst methods are used, there’s not enough recovery time for the plant to catch up & you risk ending up with a reduced harvest.

A scrog is low stress training. Lots of people scrog autos (some top/fim 1st, it depends on the strain, which is considered high stress training). I plan on scrogging a few, myself!

I’m with those that recommend trying them as a straight grow, first, just to get a feel for them. Also, definitely pay attention to what the breeder says about the strain: if they warn you not to stress it, then do not stress it…at all; if they say it’s a light drinker/feeder, then start out light & push it up; if they warn it is susceptible to anything in particular, then get ready for preemptive strikes against that thing.

Hope we’ll get a journal of your next grow!

2 Likes

@Pat2 - I wish I could help but I grow outside , I do know that Auto’s are smaller but then again I’ve seen some on this Forum that where 5 feet , Sorry I can’t help but Im sure someone with more experience will chime in and help you out !!!

MBgrower :cry:

It’s been in the drying tent since last Friday. I just checked on them and they are starting to smell really sweet, and like pineapple. I grabbed a couple pieces of popcorn to try after dinner. The buds are pretty airy , I think I will be lucky to get maybe an oz. after dry. It has a very mild taste, with a hint of pineapple. Nice and sticky, not a couch lock high , an advantage of harvesting a little early.

2 Likes

Genetics and lighting will help produce bigger, firmer buds.
I’m pretty happy with the ilgm genetics and the quest for better lighting will probably never end.

Before my next grow, I plan to double my light, now have 1200w LED . I will get my seeds through ILGM. I am looking forward to my second grow over the winter. I plan to start them in late October, after my tent is clear of drying my outdoor Queen of Hearts.

1 Like

Have you though of just building a light? Plenty of ppl here to help with that, just a tag away :grinning:

Well don’t get me wrong, I would love to build my own, and some day I’m pretty sure I will, but for reasons I won’t get into, I don’t have the physical ability to get into a project like that right now. I think if I put two of those 1200w lights in my small tent, I will have good results.

I’ve forgotten. What light are you using?

Phlizon , it says input Voltage : 85-265V
Power : 1200W
One was ok, two will be a lot better. @Drinkslinger

I have had my stuff drying for a week today. The buds are not real dence because I had to harvest early as you may recall. Well because they are so airy, they are drying fast, to fast I’m afraid. My RH in the tent has been a constant 60 and the temp. has been 70 degrees with no fan blowing. Should I put the buds in jars now ? Before they get to dry ? They have been in the dark for a week.@Drinkslinger @blackthumbbetty @tanlover442

If you bend the branch does it snap, or just bend?
If you compress a bud does it turn to dust, or just compress?

Airy buds dry pretty quick, especially if there’s a lot of air circulation. I typically hang 4-6 days before going to the jar.

Thanks, thats what I thought, mine are ready for the jar. @Drinkslinger

1 Like

I think we harvested around the same time. My buds have been in the jar for several days.

@Drinkslinger I put them in Mason jars and put them back in the tent in the dark. The temp is 69 degrees, and RH in tent is 60 percent, I guess that doesn’t matter now that they are in jars. I just visited them and opened each jar for a few minutes while I moved a few of them around, looking for any sign of mold. I think I put them in the jars at the perfect time. Am I doing things right ? Is there anything I should be doing that I’m not ? I will post a pick of the girls in jars . I got 32 grams of sweet leaves, making a double batch of chocolate brownies today :smile:

1 Like

Here they are, months of work, expense, and sleepless nights, all wrapped up in four small jars, and a batch of brownies. @Drinkslinger @blackthumbbetty @Humanclone @Budbrother @tanlover442 @HornHead @MBgrower

5 Likes