Harvest questions

In one of the pics above (the one with all the bamboo stakes) if you look at the lower part of the stems you will see quite a few little buds. One of the first things I read about growing, was that you might want to trim those because they won’t develope into the nice solid buds that we all hope for. I think I have more than usual because I started these plants in a scrog, and then when it started growing out of control, I cut the ties and let all of the colas fight for the light, (seemed only fair), well the end result was a lot of buds forming lower on the branches. I have now propped up all of the colas so that they can get as much light as possible. I would really like to hear your opinions on if I should trim these buds so that the tops will do better, or let them mature as best they can and harvest with the rest of the plant. I guess I would like some guesses on how much difference it would make on the top colas. Here is the best picture of my issue.

You can clearly see a bunch of little flowers way down at the bottom, should I snip them ? If they will develope, I would love to keep them, but not at the cost of making my tops smaller.

At this point, just leave them.

1 Like

Sorry, just had to post these, just got my morning high, and haven’t smoked yet :smile:

You can see I don’t have much room to work on the ladies.

1 Like

@Pat2…got a great grow going. Keep on keeping on…and all will be right with world. Your Ladies are making you a proud Daddy. Enjoy…this is the golden moment.
Like the last month of a woman’s first pregnancy. Soon the work will start…harvest, drying and curing will also require learning and watching…but, boy will it make you feel so good…even before you lite it up the first time. THAT…is a very special moment.

2 Likes

Hey, by the way, my girls seem to be really thirsty lately. Is that normal for this stage ? @Budbrother @tanlover442 @Myfriendis410 @blackthumbbetty

1 Like

Near the middle of flower you will start to see an uptick in water consumption; it can raise issues with nutrient regimen as they are actually getting MORE now than they were earlier with a small exchange of moisture. So don’t go overboard with nutes lol.

1 Like

I have cut my nute mixture to quarter strength . I just noticed that the soil is dry to the touch every day lately, I used to go a couple of days between watering.

1 Like

Thats a beautiful thing ya got there @Pat2.

1 Like

20180804_125650|281x500

Getting pretty sticky :smile:

1 Like

Snip the bottom buds off now that’s alright and you will have a samplevofvwhstvis yet to come a lot of experienced growers remove all undergrowth it’s called lollipooing

Not all grows or plants need to be lollipopped. It is an option, for sure.

1 Like

I will try to get a better picture of some of the buds that are growing near the scrog screen, I think they are behind the top colas in development, so I may apple pick my first buds when they are ready, so that I can move the light down on the lower buds that grew when it was in scrog. Also I have that slow poach Indica (referenced earlier) that looks to be a couple of weeks later along than the others. So it looks like I will have two harvests from one grow in my house . ( Pics to come soon ) @Blackthumbbetty @Drinkslinger @Budbrother @monsterblackbass @Myfriendis410 @HornHead @tanlover442

1 Like

Oh, well, a scrog most definitely should be trimmed under the screen. I’m sorry my stoner self missed that part. :grinning:

As for the other plants, some people are trim/prune crazy, others let their girls grow as they grow, and some use lst methods but don’t trim/prune.

Just remember, those larfy popcorn buds can be used for all sorts of goodies. Unless your lighting is of such poor quality that you need to prune to get your girls the proper light spread, it’s not imperative to prune & trim, but it has its benefits.

Really, trimming & pruning seems to be a matter of personal choice. I do it when necessary, not as a rote part of growing.

2 Likes

Betty, if you go back to entry #21, I think you will understand what happened, at least that’s what I think happened. I did prune all vegetation under the scrog. But when she started to get out of control and the scrog became unmanageable, I decided to let all the girls free. @blackthumbbetty

Harvesting in stages also makes trimming seem a bit easier.

If you harvest everything all at once, and wet trim, the amount of work can be overwhelming.

2 Likes

I have have thought about that also, it’s kind of like practice since it will be my first time. I tried to get some pictures of the hidden buds but it’s pretty crowded in there .

3 Likes

You can see they will need more time, and once I clear out there big Sisters, they will get some direct light. If I can get them to fatten up a little, I should be able to increase my yield. :smile:

1 Like

It’s a new day, and I’d like some opinions. This is a pic taken yesterday

I stopped the nutes a few days ago. I do plan on splitting the stem . Should I wait for amber before I do the surgery. I know I’m not quite there there yet. Just planning ahead. It seems my plan changes as I go along :slight_smile:Any guess on how many days before harvest, I would like a combo milky/amber. They look pretty milky in this pic, I will try to get a closer view.

2 Likes

the little hairs are turning !!

1 Like