Harvest? Or too early?

Blueberry, autoflower. About 65 days. Looking through a loupe, the trichomes seem cloudy. But none seem amber. Should I wait a few days? Or, is this the time?

1 Like

I would say wait. I will I’ll see white hairs on some of those buds Do you have a pic of the trichomes? Looks close tho

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the picture of the trichomes didn’t come out. I think they look cloudy compared to earlier. But, this is my first time growing.

@dbrn32 any thoughts? You’ve been very helpful previously.

1 Like

I meant to say I still see white hairs. Wait on others to chime in. But I think u still have time

1 Like

1 Like

Welcome ! looking at the overall picture of the plant you still have a few weeks to go. also my experience with blueberry Autos they can easily go 90-plus days. Nice plant keep up the good work.

3 Likes

I think you have a little while yet too

3 Likes

Let the buds fatten up. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Way too many new calyx’s being formed yet. I would consider a small dose of N to keep plant health up a bit? It seems a few weeks away still.
Not only will you get bigger buds, bud more frost production too… most likely… oh and more nose in the terpine department! If you take your thumb and forefinger, place one on each side of the stem below the bud… now press up gently under the bud… now sniff your fingers. This is the correct way to smell a bud. Do NOT let someone grab a bud and squeeze it! That pisses me off soooo much when people do that to my prize colas!

4 Likes

I was able to get the trichome shot. These seem clear and not cloudy.

A couple of weeks?

1 Like

3 weeks anyway! Once the plant stops producing more calyx’s its time to start checking the trichomes
Like heres a photo from my cell phone to help describe this…

Note all the calyx hairs are NOT white or new. If you zoom in on this image the glands are now cloudy, at this stage, I can either harvest for a more energetic buzz or wait and monitor daily for a few amber trichomes to show up. Please note, not all cannabis will create amber trichomes aaaaand! At some point the bulbous heads become old and brittle and will fall off. So in short, if all the glands are cloudy dont wait more than a week after that because you risk degradation.

3 Likes

@Cannabian you add N when flowering ?
Also when u mentioned degradation, hypothetical question, if you do harvest after it begins to degrade, will it just be weaker than it was? Les trichomes ?

1 Like

Yes I continue to feed the plant what it needs to maintain. Tge plant uses N as the main building blocks, your bud size requires some N as does general plant health. If you look at nearly any flowering fertilizer program, N is still used, albeit at a lesser ratio than P or K.

2 Likes

Yes, obviously the trichomes are where the active ingredients we seek are. So if these are falling off due to miss handling, weathering, degredation or improper storage, it will lower the the strength of your weed collectively.

1 Like

Updated pictures.

A few more days?

Or, does this seem to be ready?

If you want a real up high then sure it’s ready. A week plus for a little amber and full cloudy. I had to pull one with the same trichs and I’m kicking myself two weeks later. It’s a decent daytime high.

2 Likes

Thanks! I see a few amber trichomes, but there seem to be clear ones too. I’ll wait a bit.

3 Likes