Harvest? Not sure I trust my eyes

The plant to the right is the one I thought was ready per scoping but not sure. Flash dried a bud yesterday and it is nice!

8 Likes

I think it is too early, lots of clear!

5 Likes

Thank you! Kind of what I thought. Still a bit too many pistils not turned, too.

1 Like

You still scoping all day? Yeah early

1 Like

Not as much. The one I was scoping has been harvested and is really good. Pleased with that timing. Now these are creeping toward done. And I mean creeping!

1 Like

Your plants are looking beautiful!

The trichomes can be milky before the plants is ready to harvest. I harvest when I start to see amber trichomes. I start looking at trichomes when my pistols are almost all orange.

1 Like

@Holmes @SKORPION @shindig153

Okay, the longer bud leaves are going from yellow to dried up. Is this normal? I started flushing from slow decrease of half nutes to 1/4 then straight disltilled water about week ago. Wondering if I need to add nutes back as I thought they were close last week. I thought hydroponics you did not want to flush for more than four days. They are in FF CocoLoco coir amd vermiculite. Here is what I scoped today.

Actually that photo of trichomes may be the other plant. This is the one that is closer…I think. :joy:

That’s exactly what I got going on, I went ahead and fed lightly since its taking so long to finish up.

1 Like

The saying goes “WAIT ANOTHER WEEK”

1 Like

could harvest sections that are “well done”.

1 Like

@KikiGee what type of buzz you want? I would be patient and wait until it is what you want!

1 Like

What I aim for is pretty much what the strain is described to do. Middle of the road. A bit of lasting power is nice. I scoped again today and still not ready. Super close though. The bud I quick dried yesterday was super nice but only lasted an hour.

I ended up going ahead and giving them some FF Big Bloom and used our raw well water (what we use exclusively anyways for us humans and the dogs and my aquarium). At this point it won’t hurt the AutoPot system this close to the end and I sent off for upgrade to larger valves so next grow is organic. Just put four Critical Mass photoperiod seeds on their wet paper towel spa treatment.

1 Like

Broke down and harvested my girl today. I did feed but my leaves continue to decline and I got worried and called it done.

2 Likes

That is where I have been for days. The top leaves are drying up but lower ones are still fine. I will scope here in a bit and make decision. Every day I think, today I am going to be harvesting, yet every morning when I scope I think, not yet. Argh!

3 Likes

Yeah I hear ya I wasn’t as concerned about the drying leaves , but a few of them were moist and that leaned me toward paranoia of bud rot setting in and I wasn’t ready for that risk so I made a call. I am about 50 percent Amber so not perfect but I can live with it.

2 Likes

Well here is where we are today. Would I need to worry about bud rot in such an arid environment? I am ready to pull the trigger but decided to flash dry a bud and give it a test. I am so gunshy with this as the that first harvest I KNEW it was not yet ready but let a veteran grower tell me it was ready. Great big drippy resinous Wedding Cake buds and they were harvested too early. ARGH!

(My flash dry method: turn oven to 170 deg F (lowest it will go) turn off, if I can catch it, around 150 deg, then turn light on, put in the oven until dried. Halfway through I may break up the bud to hasten the process. Not perfect, but does a good job and gives me an idea of where the bud is landing.)

1 Like

Probably not a worry really , I just got a little scared. But I just got my sweetberry going so I know it will be full term. But I got the superskunk drying so harvest number 4 this year.

1 Like

I love that you are using the dryer. I have one, too, and honestly, after hanging to dry, and using this, I will use the dryer any day of the week. The buds end up really nice and it has not effected them in any derogatory way at all. I get a bit miffed at people who dis it yet have never used it.

Oh, and last night the Mr had me order at Gorilla 5x5 tent for the next grow and a Cloudline 6 inline fan system with humidity and temp controller. The Hurricane I have is 170 CFM and this one is 402 CFM.

This tent I have will be for the mushroom grow. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Look at you big money, getting pro gear. Lol . I tested my first dried bud in the dryer with an app on my phone called higrade and tested a hang dry bud and my dryer bud tested with a higher thc so I quit doing it any other way

1 Like