Harvest help please I planted one too early

Hiya peeps, my 6 girls are starting to get heavy, mostly cloudy trichomes on my biggest girl. The problem is she was topped several times and her highest cola is 15’ high, and she’s getting top heavy. One big wind would break her. My question is, the highest colas are near ready, but the lower ones are not. Can I get away with selective harvesting? So far they are doing great if half of them come through I’ll be tossing a lot of good weed to stay legal lol. She probably has a couple pounds, would you start harvesting a little early to get tge taller branches down?

1 Like

Yes.

Do you have pictures? Seems awfully early in the year for outdoor plants to be ready.

2 Likes

Yes you can do selective harvesting. Why don’t you stake it so it won’t get broken in the wind?

1 Like

I’ve seen where a LOT of folks on here, take the top buds and let the others mature more. You should be fine. FIFTEEN FEET?!?!?!? I wanna SEE that baby!!! pics please :slight_smile: and WELCOME to the forum community :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As one member said…pictures or it didn’t happen. We have no clue what your plant even looks like. Giving advice like this is like playing darts with a blind fold on.

Welcome to the community. :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

LOL, I have a hand full of seeds that says we never see a pic of those 15 footers……….

3 Likes

If the plant is that big, the main branch must be at least 6” wide at the base.

1 Like

I hope they DO post it :slight_smile: would LOVE to see a behemoth like that! I forget who posted it and what thread it was on but last time i saw someone talking about one that was like 17’ i think they said, someone posted a pic of one in front of a house and the top, was even with the peak of the gable roof! and like you said, the base, looked like a 10yr old mature tree :smiley:

1 Like

So do I. The last time I read somebody claimed a huge plant never posted a picture.

If it is 15’, everyone knows its there.

Now @Cannabian has grown a couple beasts that make mine seem small.

1 Like

I have a picture of her stump from a couple weeks ago but can get better later.

6 Likes

Miss X in the center is hard to see but she has 8 main colas, had 12 but I cut some to provide sun to her neighbors. Her second tallest cola was just over 14’ a couple weeks ago and I bet that tallest one is 16’ now.

6 Likes

You need to add some netting next time for support.

I thought so too sir however I had a lemon squishy growing in the shadows, I put a loupe on her a few days ago and was shocked to find 30% amber, I thought a couple more weeks at least. She’s in the drying room now. And I have a Panama that’s mostly cloudy, Durban is getting milky, the rest have a ways to go.

1 Like

I staked as high as I could but they outgrew me lol. Miss X germinated March 12 so I was a bit early. I’ve grown indoors but this is my first outdoor crop. I’m learning and will never EVER grow inside again I’ll quit first lol

1 Like

I’ll figure out you guy’s website eventually lol I’m obviously having trouble navigating

You can also use Silica to help strengthen the branches and stems. To late for this crop but the next you will be covered. :+1:

Big girls…I love it.

2 Likes

I would like to see condition of pistils to be honest. Trichomes only tell you condition of what is there at time you’re checking. A healthy plant that is ways out from harvest may have some amber trichs but will continue to produce more Trichomes. The fact you mentioned you planted too early has me scratching my head. Unless this plant has been breed to flower early planting early will just extend the length of time plant is in veg. Which makes sense if it’s a very large plant. But doesn’t mean it will finish significantly earlier in outdoor setting. For that reason, I would like to see condition to provide a reasonable assessment on whether its ready to harvest or not.

3 Likes

Yes. Yes you can…

1 Like

This sprawling Johaar ended up not finishing, unfortunately, it was bent, super cropped several times, an tied down. From the dirt to its longest branch measured 18’6". Sad the season just wasnt long enough.

4 Likes

This was 2 weeks ago… I cant get my hand around it now. Its getting porky… shes a Tashkurghan and will probably be a kilo plus plant when done.

6 Likes