Harvest Estimate Advice?

ILGM Community,

I have this “Do-Si-Dos” autoflower I’m growing with seeds purchased by ILGM. Since I’m pretty much a newbie, I was wondering if I could share some pics to get some advice on:

“how much longer until I should harvest?”
“based on what you see, what do you think a ballpark yield weight might be?”

Today is day 55 (started counting the day the seed broke the surface of the soil).

I’ve been starting to see a lot of the brown hairs. The purchase page of this strain says Veg is 3-4 weeks, and flowering is 7-10 weeks.

I don’t know if this means 3-4 weeks PLUS anywhere from 7-10 additional weeks to flower, meaning minimum 10 weeks, maximum 14 weeks ? Or Minimum 7 weeks , Max 10?

I’m on week 8 right now, 2 days away from 9 weeks.

Appreciate it, Thank You!

3 Likes

When the white pistils have turned red/amber and started to recede back into the bud, start checking trichomes. You still have at least a few weeks to a month to go. She will fatten up. Patience is key grasshoppa!

Edit… if you have some cal mag give her a dose with next watering

5 Likes

ILGM total week range of every auto as far as I have read is listed 10-14 weeks total (average). I did a Dosido auto 2 grows back and was in the harvest window around 12 weeks. Nobody can tell you exactly when, it’s up to you to decide what level of maturity you want. You need something to magnify about 50-60X to properly see the trichomes. Here’s two popular charts and two examples of the strain at the start of the harvest window (about 70% cloudy 30% clear). Check several buds, upper and lower all over the plant to gauge an average ratio of cloudy/clear/amber. Focus on the buds deep in where the view is possible, ignore the sugar leaves as trichs on those mature long before the buds.

5 Likes

Oops didn’t mean to include the dog but she can stay.

10 Likes

Id say you have couple weeks to go, and if you trim carefully probably 60-80 grams dry bud weight. Pics can be very deceiving though.

4 Likes

What makes you say that regarding the cal mag? I thought I had a potassium deficiency so I’ve been using “Beastie Bloomz” 0-50-30 but it doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Looking good she needs 2 or 3 more weeks to finish. Good luck :v:

4 Likes

3 solid weeks left in my opinion. Are you feeding nitrogen :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

The lighter outside vs the darker inside of the leaves. You can really see it in the leaves about the 10 oclock position leaf. I was going to take a picture of mine when im showing a deficiency but theyve already shriveled up and becoming compost…

dog pics all day long

3 Likes

Love the pup.

1 Like

Okay ok one more

My favorite.

6 Likes

I might as well throw in a dog pic too :dog:

10 Likes

Ill join the club

6 Likes

Lol always love seeing a good dog

3 Likes

I did some light pruning of some of the leaves really far gone with the yellowing. They came off really easy too just a quick click. I’m gonna try and order the cal-mag.

Since I’ve been growing in a cheapo depot “grow box” which has been taped together, and stacked moving boxes. I just lined the inside and the floor with aluminum foil because it was better than nothing, and I had it on hand to keep the operation chepo depot.
I feel the inside is WAY brighter now. I don’t really think the “hotspot” stuff will be an issue because I’ve got good air movement in there.

Had to find something to move my other plant a lot closer to the light because it’s way more stretched than my current one when it was solo I could keep the light a lot closer. Sort of afraid of how tall the new one on the left will be. Thinking of “topping it” but I read shouldn’t do that to autos.

Thoughts ?

2 Likes

I’ve done it a handful of times without any horrible problems but I have become more partial towards limited manipulation and tie all the side branches to gradually pull them outwards to increase light penetration like your other plant in the foreground. I tuck larger leaves instead of cutting when possible now. I got the best yield from the least handled auto but still wasn’t so tall that it was an issue. I think in soil you could expect a 2-3 foot height maximum in most cases without topping.

i think it should probably be ready by now lol

@thebluecoat good looking woofers. I have the XL version :sunglasses:

1 Like

Iv never been on a fourm before lol :joy: didnt know how to post only seen this reply button can someone plz help me is my widow ready to harvest

2 Likes