Harvest anyone?Begin flush

I got 4 different plants
Not exactly in same harvest window I don’t think?
I want to do my two week flush now roughly I think I got a two week window till harvest? Here’s individual shots of my 4 girls
Uploading: 20211202_122551.jpg…
Uploading: 20211202_122548.jpg…
Uploading: 20211202_122545.jpg…
Processing: 20211202_122543.jpg…
Uploading: 20211202_122540.jpg…
Under 30x magnification

Ok @homegrown and olmarine here is my latest I also have gnats in my grow room. But I’m thinking start my flush now roughly harvest in 14 days

I believe you are several weeks (4?) from harvest. I don’t flush but I only grow organic and don’t see the need for a flush.

4 Likes

If u think u have a two week window i normally flush for two weeks

Captain Jack’s Dead Bug is good. Real good. It’s organic and you can use it all the way through harvest.

1 Like

I have this for now.
Good through harvest?
About flushing now for harvest in 2 weeks?
Think it’s ok timing? Or wait a week more?
2 weeks out? Or more like 3 weeks?
Maybe not how you would do it.
But look feasible for me to do?

I can’t speak to that product. What worries me is the “other” ingredients. I use neem oil during veg. Once I have used up my supply I will be switching to straight CJDB.

A Complete Guide on When to Harvest Hemp

I think you are a few weeks out from harvest. The above video is an excellent guide on not only timing but also visual cues. Different plants will grow differently. Then you have feeding and lighting. Your times may vary.

Are you growing organic? If so, I wouldn’t worry about the flush. If you aren’t, the product you are using should have some suggestions for fixing the problem.

2 Likes

That was my first reaction as well, 4 weeks or more. Those pistils are still very fresh. Your plant will likely add more fresh ones in “waves” as one set darkens, another set emerges. That is the bud fattening up and adding weight.
Even if you like to harvest on the early side for that “racy” high, those are not within 2 weeks yet.

2 Likes

Oh yeah @nosaj when you tag me, drop all the vowels. :wink: @hmgrwn is me @homegrown must be someone else’s tag.

2 Likes

You bet my bad

@hmgrwn :grinning:

1 Like

That’s the ticket. :vulcan_salute:
Sorry to hear about your gnat problem. I have been pretty lucky and not had pest issues to speak of.

I 100% agree. Too early to flush. Doing so would rob the plants of what they need to finish growing the bud. The pistils should all be in decline, darkened and ‘shriveled’ with cloudy triches (unless you are going for the speedy high). New pistils indicate that the calyxes are still growing and the bud has not filled out yet. You will greatly diminish your final weight by flushing now. Rather than try to establish a clean harvest date, watch your plants for signs that new growth has ceased (shriveled pistils and clouded trichomes with maybe some amber) and then do your flush. There are tons of great articles on this subject. A quick search and maybe even just an hour of reading on the subject would position you much better moving forward.

Like @oldmarine @HMGRWN @small-t-truth said four more weeks.

I wouldn’t flush.

So says the reachearch but I’ll let you be the judge of that.

6 Likes

Interesting study. I am not a big advocate of long flushes… a week to bring up the sugars (or so I’ve read). It goes to show, properly curing your bud has more effect on the final product than any late-stage interventions. There does seem to be a trend among cup winners… for flavor and fragrance, organic grows tend to win out, even if yields are slightly diminished.

2 Likes

Would this “Flushing Trial” be the same if soil was used instead of coco? It is a very interesting study. Thanks for posting @Nicky

1 Like

Hey much appreciated cannasuers you all have given me a lot of info…
Finally I believe starting to reel in the technique I’m tweaking for my future grows.

Mosquito bits will help with the gnats

2 Likes