Harvest and cure questions

Trying to post this question but can’t find out how. I need help with Harvesting in southern VA. Not sure which plants I have. Lost the info. Both plants were put in ground in June. They are two different plants, one with many more buds that the other. My question is when and how do you suggest I harvest these? They are not very tall at all…like maybe 3 ft. Last time I grew from old seeds (not yours) my plant was like 7’ tall. These are much smaller. I don’t expect the first frost until mid november. Thanks

1 Like

Got any Pics??

@Sweetjane well come to the community;'"- well if they that small --may be auto’s =? if you plant in june — what 1st---- 30ith === could be ready now . you have to check out the tric’s up close with a scope . like @Woodrow said pics of the buds would help.

you want them to be mostly cloudy to white with a hint of amber .
:alien: happy growing

3 Likes

Holy sweet mother of pearl!!
It’s a matter of preference on the Tric color.
But holy S word you’re close.

2 Likes

Lol. You took my trich pic. :crazy_face: thanks for using as an example but please tag me when you use my pics. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Yes i did thanks @Low ,

1 Like

You need to look at conditions of plants. Once the pistils start receding check the conditions of trichomes on buds. They turn cloudy/milky looking once ripened. I usually look for all cloudy and small amount of amber. If there’s too many clear trichs will have a racy buzz.

You could start a new topic and post pics too.

1 Like

@Low – here is a pic for you for tomorrow , sense i used yours . thanks

2 Likes

Thanks! One is Wedding cake and that doesn’t grow more than 3 feet or so. I’m going to check the tric’s up close. When it is ready, how do I harvest? I don’t have an area that is 65 degrees and there is humidity in the air. Do I hang upside down until it’s dry (did this before but different plant). What are grow bags? or a type of bag I see people talking about? I do have jars. Appreciate your help for this beginner!

1 Like

3 Likes

First 3 are Wedding Cake
Last 3 are unknown as I lost identifier lol…

@Sweetjane the drying and curing is vital to achieving the best smoke . to dry, if you cant control the RH when you harvest /chop then i would separate the buds and wet trim them . (you could try hanging and dry but you dont want them to mold .) after trim maybe place in closet on wire rack with a fan underneath not blowing on the plant just to move the air , in the dark . and turn the buds daily .

Okay…so what is wet trim?

Wet trim is trimming your harvest before drying

Ahhh…thank you So I can do the wire rack with fan and turn buds daily. And when they are totally dry, it 's time to enjoy?

1 Like

wet trim is after you chop you trim then —dry is after they hang and dry. and it is (grove bags ) just another way to cure instead of jars. wich i will be tryen thr bags this harvest for the first time.

no no no -no you need to put in jars for 3-4 weeks to cure keeping them at a rh of 58-62 % opening jar every day to breath for ten min. or so

After jars put in closet? Hey, I do appreciate your help.
Did you see the pics I posted above? Any idea what type of strain the last three are? From what I can tell, seems that one is ready to

Read the “Grove Bag” thread (search this site) I find there use the easiest way to cure I’ve found yet. Also check out the use of a “moisture meter” for determining when dry enough for the bags or jars.

3 Likes

what ? put on racks dry — then put in jars to cure and yes put jars in dark out of sun or light while curing