Hey everyone. This is my first grow & first forum so excuse me if I don’t follow standard protocol. I created a topic ealier in the grow for some advise but started this new one for this subject, don’t know if that was right.
I have a couple clones here that are one day into the 9th week of Flower (since flipping to 12/12). They had a rough Veg cycle that lasted 10 weeks. My preference of product potency is an uplifting effect during the day and a relaxing effect during the evening - perfect world right? So eventually I will have a combination of cured smoke a few grows down the road. For right now, I just want this grow to be successful. And I epecially don’t want to wait too long.
I’m looking at the trichomes and I’m thinking (hoping) I could have one or two weeks left before I should chop them. (?) I have been concerned because the pistils have been 75% dark for a while now but the trichomes are just now a combination of clear/milky with a few becoming amber. I was intending to feed both one more time and then just water for the remainder of time. At the rate of uptake, at the end of week 11 that will be approx. 1 feeding and 3 waterings for plant B and only 1 feeding and 1 watering for plant A. I could use some advise whether I am following the right path.
My questions are:
- Am I off on my estimation of how much time I have left?
- Should I start with only Water now? Especially plant “A”. (or maybe feed “A” once more then a soil flush with either Sledgehammer/Water solution followed by water or just Water?)
- If I don’t stop the nutrients early enough and trichomes indicate it’s time, is it best to wait another week + to flush out the nutes or go ahead and harvest?
- What are your views on a dark period before chopping?
Please see bios and pics below. Sorry for all the questions and sorry for the quality of the pics - $1K phone, worst camera ever! And please ignore all the pet hair, it’s a work in-progress . Thank you in advance.
- Strain: Both clones from dispensary, A = marked Cherry Tree, B = unknown
- Method: Fox Farm OF soil
- Vessels: 5 gal. fabric pots, elevated 1-inch
- PH of Water, Solution, runoff: 2 days ago A = feed solution 6.42 in, 6.30 out, B = water (only) 6.40 in, 6.56 out.
- PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution: last feeding – A = (2 days ago) PPM 1140 in, 1825 out; B = (4 days ago) PPM 1130 in, 1890 out.
- Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor Grow = homemade tent 22” W x 44” L
- Light system: Maxsisun MF 1000 x 2
- Temps: Day 74 – 78 F; Night 68 – 74 F
- Humidity: Day 35 – 45 RH; Night 40 – 50 RH
- Ventilation system: yes, homemade = 4 inch high velocity (yeah, ok) fan connected to 3-inch dryer ducting IN, positive pressure exhaust, no filter (none needed) this system has been adequate but needs improvement.
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Room tent is in has AC, utilize standard size humidifier and small 240 sq. ft. rm. Dehumidifier if needed.
- Co2: No.