Hard water test grow

Dang yall make me feel guilty, my tap water comes out at a ppm of 7 some days lower… I’m on a shallow mountain well water

3 Likes

That would definitely be nice. I’m sitting at 550ppm at it’s usually ph 9.2

1 Like

My ph is up there too. That is one thing I forgot about. With the ro water. I only use about 2 or 3 drops of ph down for 2 1/2 gallons. With the hard water. I think I was around 15 drops per gallon. I will know tonight as I start keeping track of every thing then.

With r/o water & nutes, I actually had to add pH up! With tap water & nutes, I still need 1/4tsp pH down per half gallon. With just tap water, it’s about 1/2tsp pH down per gallon. With just r/o water, I only need a few drops of pH down.

1 Like

Looks like we are both on the same roller coaster ride lol

1 Like

images

That was supposed to be a gif of Goofy on Splash Mountain, but it looks like I put up the wrong thing. Oh, well…you get the idea. Lol!

2 Likes

All you guys are lucky… my well water runs over 3000 ppm and a ph between 12 and 14…
After all of my special filters and such I can get it down to 200 ppm and a ph of 8 … :unamused:

:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

your really going to hate me now… my ph is usually between 6.4 and 6.6

Yikes! That’s crazy water!

1 Like

And I thought my water was hard. I think you should have been the one to start this thread if you are making that work :grin:

1 Like

Nope… I buy my water… 1 dollar for 5 gallons … not to bad considering… i only use my water towards the end of flowering and i have to ph the crap out of it usually… :wink:

Wow, we are 40c for 5 gallons here and I am complaining. Hopefully this hard water micro works out for this plant. It is good for soil or coco. Even if I end up with a 50/50 mix. That is a nice savings for what i use.

1 Like

About $50 to $ 65 us dollars a month isn’t to bad…
And that’s just for my plants…
I’ve learned how to squeeze the most from so little… I’m a tight a$$ , so they say… :wink:

1 Like

Don’t forget to add some CalMag if you use RO water. I am using pretty much straight Colorado River tap water and my last crop was excellent. I do nothing at all about Chlorine. Just vinegar to pH it.

2 Likes

@1BigFella, yep :grin: I have to use 1 1/4 tsp per gallon or I start having issues. I notice I use way more ph down compared to the few drops for my RO water.

Well, yesterday was one week for this little one. it is growing faster than any of my other plants have. it is 8" across on both sides. Maybe hard water is good lol I was going to give this away once it hit a month old. How ever. I just got a new tent to dry in today. I am thinking after that is done. I may put this in that tent till the 4x4 is empty. Then grower her out. And I am hoping it is a girl. I checked it and if I am right, this will be a she. I kind of wished I would have used one of my seeds that I knew the strain now. Not a big deal. This was pretty good stuff according to my friend that gave me the seeds. A whole container full. :roll_eyes: I went through and separated a bunch that I thought would be females. Time will tell if I was right.
So week one is done for this little one. She is in a one gallon pot right now.

2 Likes

Hard water IS good, within reason. Most of the hardness is Calcium and Magnesium ions. Softened water exchanges all the Mg and Ca for Sodium so it’s very bad for plants. RO or distilled water has almost all ions removed. It needs CalMag added to make it hard! With the ions in it, it is pH buffered so it takes a lot of acid or base to move the pH. RO can move wildly in pH with just a tiny bit of acid or base, because it has no buffering (dissolved ions that tend to keep it at a stable pH).

2 Likes

Thank you again. It is crazy the amount of knowledge available through the members here. I am learning more useful stuff than I did in school lol

@Rick3, I started this to see if I could work with my hard water and not use any bottled water or not as much.

Thanks will check it out,
you can tag me for anything, Still new and want to learn as much as I can

1 Like