Happy with results

I decarb by breaking everything up to fairly fine little bud chunks, then put on a cookie sheet and bake at 230°F for 45 minutes, you can toss it and bake for an additional 15 at 220°F if you feel the bud isn’t fully decarbed yet (usually you see decarbed bud go from green to sort of light brown, almost like a “golden” cookie Vs an underbaked (green) or burnt (dark brown).

Once decarbed, you can throw it in a crockpot with butter and a let it simmer on low heat for a few hours. The longer it simmers the more potent but also usually the more “weedy” it tastes. You’d have to poke around Google a bit for suggested time. I infuse MCT oil for about 8-12 hours, but I’m not too worried about “weedy” taste.

3 Likes

Dont forget the lecithin

4 Likes

Thanks. Yeah I thought it would be nice to not have to deal with all the fighting of temperature, humidity, space , and of course the many things that can easily go wrong and ruin my bounty if not dialed in right.
I’ve tried a little test run with a few buds I clipped a couple weeks early and it was just so smooth. Guess best way to explain is like running a double chamber water bong with freezing cold water and ice. Very pleasurable.
The only thing I don’t like is that I wish it was a bit bigger for 1700. But it’s new technology and the only one of it’s kind so far , so it is what it is as far as that’s concerned.
But now it’s in the real test slapped full of some fat ass corn dog looking buds. . If it works like it did for my test run ( which I don’t see why it wouldn’t) then its going to be worth it. I’ll just have to get another one and stager my grows when I expand my grows. :+1:

1 Like

That’s what it was! One of the guys at local hydro shop told me but all I could remember is it was a moderately low temp and not very long. Thank you. I will also check into a little more before actually doing it. As far as these leaves and stuff should I put in the freezer in the meantime so it doesn’t get moldy or more likely in my super low humidity overdry out in just a couple days , or does it even matter?

1 Like

Didn’t even know what that was untill I just looked it up. :joy:. I’ll research a bit more and see if I can find a good recipe I like.

1 Like

Lecithin is the secret ingredient for knock you on your butt edibles. It makes the oil able to absorb more thc and also helps to make the thc more readily available after you consume. I use like a tsp per cup of oil. Sunflower or soy lecithin has worked for me.

1 Like

If you need a good gummy recipe, @Caligurl has one.

As for Butter, never done it so I can’t help there, but maybe she can

Also look for @blackthumbbetty ’s journals, she did a lot of edible/infusion stuff and it’s very helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag @graysin! I can help you infuse anything really! I don’t make budder anymore (not the old way)… I make the qwet first then melt the appropriate amount into the butter. When I did make budder, I break up the dry (non cured) material into rice-sized pieces (do not grind), decarb at 250 for 10 minutes, then reduce to 220 for 45… the time really depends on how much is in your jar (I put it in a mason jar and shake them every 10-15 minutes and like Graysin said, look for that color change.

Take the decried material and add it to the budder, heat it (but don’t let it boil or turn brown) then strain with real cheesecloth (not the stuff you get at the hardware store).

I have found that coconut oil (or Crisco, if the recipe calls for that) is easier because it doesn’t burn. I have never used lecithin but so many people do… Everyone loves my edibles and says they are really potent so :woman_shrugging:

I have so much material from this last grow that it will take me a long time to make the qwet… actually considering upgrading my Source to the Etoh… I know @AfgVet uses it… she also is a master canna-chef so I tagged her here too,

3 Likes

Just looked through your journal… sorry I missed this! Tag me on your next one… would love to be a bystander LOL

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Caligurl

When I made budder, like Caligirl I use QWET now, I would break the bud up as Cali described. Put it into a mason jar, pour ghee or butter over the material, lid on as if you were canning (not too tight) and then into my InstaPot. I put the jar on the included trivet, fill with water 1/2 way up the jar. Then I set high pressure for an hour. Once it’s done you have decarbed canna budder in one step without stinking up the house. Strain the material out and you’re done

4 Likes

@Caligurl @AfgVet
hey thank you and I will be happy to tag you in on my next grow. Was only able to fit about half of this grow into the cannatrol dry/cure machine so I gotta wait this cycle ends before harvesting the rest. Should be next week.
Am also pretty behind on allot of things so my next grow probably won’t start untill about 3-4 weeks from now. I’m doing all snowcaine in sohum living soil and will be 100 percent organic this time. Greengro lands pride or pride lands? One of those :joy:
I find it to be not only way less of a mess, way less complicated , way less time, but also more superior than at least the foxfarm " deadrients". :joy:
This was my very first grow and I decided to use a few different soils and amendments to see what worked best. Yep sohum soil and organics is the way to go for me .
I appreciate your input on the baking department cause I have not a freaking idea of anything when it comes to this. Need like a breakdown for complete virgin idiots for me to make any sense of it. :joy:

2 Likes

So I imagine it would be better to use my sugar leaves for one batch of budder or qwet . Then I have one of my trays in machine that is about 3/4 of larf . Think when I get home I’m going to take that and throw in freezer and snip a few more buds to fill that tray up. I bet there will be quite a bit of difference in taste and potentcy from the 2 .

2 Likes

I cheat and use a decarbox from magical butter. I dont grind, I let my infusion machine do that.

2 Likes

Ooooh cheat ? And infusion machine sounds fancy… Right up my alley :joy:. Also right oughta my reach… I’ve got enough fancy machine and equipment that has me way more in the red than I feel comfy with :joy: . So much so I gotta spend the next 3-4 weeks catching up before I’ll even buy the soil for my next grow .
But I’m still curious as what you got. I’m putting everything in the freezer till further notice anyway. So I might just get one once I find out when and what I wanna do as far as edible,bubble hash, and whatnot is concerned .

2 Likes

I have an: STX Infuzium 420 Butter-Oil-Tincture Infuser Maker Machine Complete Kit • 2 to 10 Sticks Butter • 2 Filters, 3 Silicone Spatulas, Silicone Glove & Butter Mold Plus our Infuzium 48 Page Cookbook Amazon.com
For infusing
And a:Magical Butter Machine Decarboxylator Silicone Decarboxylation Decarbox Kit with Digital Thermometer Amazon.com
For decarbing the weed.

2 Likes

Ok that’s pretty neat. I noticed it had the combo pack for 254. But you went with a different decarb. Was it for the price difference or the temp gauge, size?

2 Likes

That Cannatrol Cool Cure looks awesome… I’ve looked into that before but I’m glad I didn’t pull the trigger… I had way too much harvest this year for that to have worked for me. If I remember, It only held 2.5 pounds wet and store like 5 or 6 pounds dry?

How do you like it? I’m curious because I may do smaller grows from now (at least for a while until I go through what I grew this summer LOL)

1 Like

At the time I bought, they didnt have that combo available.

1 Like

Well this is my first full run. I did a few premature clips of some smaller buds when I first got it a couple weeks ago. It takes so much work ,guess, and worry out of dry/cure process and the bud smoked smooth. Kinda like if you smoked clean bud out of a device/bong that was full of freezing I e water. Just a smooth smoke. I e got it loaded up now and the only downside is yeah it only fits a couple pounds wet and double that dried. I have 7 plants this harvest . 4 nice sized bounty ones and a few tucked in corners of the tent that are pretty small harvest and fluffy buds. Nothing in comparison to others. I got my 2 made of honors and most of my second biggest zkittlzz in this first cycle. So when this cycle is over I’ll throw in Grove bags till I at least run the rest in dry cycle and then throw all in together to cure second batch and further cure the first one.
So yeah the only downside is the size but you can work around that by either staggering your grow a week or 2 of each other or selective harvest . The only other issue i noticed is it’s kinda been about a touch off of set dew point but then again I have it stuffed to the limit and some really fat buds in there. Is why I also set it for a 5 dry day then slope into cure rather than the default 4/4 setting. But so far so good and I wouldn’t have been able to get near the outcome/results in my environment and space even if I spent 1700 in other tents and equipment. Also without all the work , refilling and emptying of humidifiers and dehumidifiers, worry about over or under drying to quick or to slow, mold/mildew or any of the other crap that can go wrong and ness up months of effort and thousands of dollars in crops. The only thing I gotta do is flip the buds every other day or so to keep from one side getting flat. Make sure that I empty the little water reservoir in the back and after a couple days of drying there is a little cup with a sponge that you want to make sure has a little water in it. Simple .

I’m also being I’m the first in this site to have one I’m trying to set up a code with them . Something that would give anyone that uses it like 50 off and me credit towards getting another 1 type thing. They said to reapply for next year’s that they aren’t taking on any new relationship at the moment .
But if you or anyone else does decide to get one just let me know before hand . I have a code that will give you 50 off but unfortunately someone else will get the credit.
If anyone does get one under that code I would appreciate it I was mentioned so it would help my chances of when I reapply for my own .