Happy Veterans Day

Hi All. I would like to take the time to thank all the Vets we have here on the forum.

THANK YOU for your service. And a moment of silence for those that didn’t make it. I’m Grateful to each and every one of you. May you all have a great day.

21 Likes

Veterans sound off:

92 Bravo combat medic, 1981 to 1994. The MOS is 68W now. It was 92B in 1981 when I graduated from the class at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio.

13 Likes

Navy OS. Son an AT. Daughter Air Force. Brother retired chief. Nephew Marine. It is and was our pleasure to serve for you. Thank you for the thanks.

11 Likes

Nice midwest. I was 80-84. Brother went in 86 till they made him retire. Son is EP and up for chief after 8. Crazy fast. He is a career guy also. Sure has changed a lot. Son tells me how it is going. Not sure my old school upbringing would fly with the new gen.

11 Likes

Due to unspecified reasons, I could never join, but my brother and uncles and grandfathers were all military. Thank you all for you service and God bless. :us:

9 Likes

Thanks to all who served. :us:

10 Likes

Same here @Borderryan22. My old man was a Navy seebee CPO. I wanted to join, but couldn’t.

8 Likes

Army ‘81-‘02

12 Likes

Thank You to all Who Served and Fought for our Freedom. We Salute You!! :us::us::v:

6 Likes

:100: Thank you, thank you ,thank you all for your service and my freedom :heart::hugs: puff puff pass…

5 Likes

Happy Veterans Day, Thank you so much to all are heroes for being so brave and protecting us and are great country. Thank you for your service happy Veterans Day.

4 Likes

You’re welcome. US Navy 1976-1985.

5 Likes

Just want to say thanks to @Farmboy for starting this. 2 grandfathers severed in Korea, one uncle was in the Navy. Thanks to all that have severed, and those that are still on deployment. Thank you

5 Likes

Navy, 09-10 E5 CS Squid.
Brother and sister Army
Grandpa army
Uncles: Army, AF, and Marines.

4 Likes

Thank you to everyone that has served.
I appreciate my brothers and my father and his brothers for what they endured.

My grandfather joined the call for the Spanish American war. I see photos he took of ambulances that were horse-drawn.

Sorry for oversharing but I am so proud of these men!

They made me strong.

5 Likes

Thanks to all that serve and served.
My greatest appreciation.
I never joined up, but my father and uncle were in WWII.
My father spent his 19th birthday - D-Day - fusing bombs in England in planes destined for France.
We’re lucky enough to live about 30 miles from The National D-Day Memorial in Bedford County, Virginia.
And I was lucky enough to have participated in the surveying and construction of the site in late 90s and early 2000s.
Dad was able to visit several times before he passed in July of 2012.

I love you dad. Thank you for everything.

Visit if you get a chance -

4 Likes

You’re welcome @Kingkupa. I feel there’s not enough recognition. If I see someone with a hat or shirt that’s obvious they served… I thank them. I’m glad to be able to speak English and not German or Japanese, or any other language.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention my Dad, who was a WWII veteran. He was drafted and went to Camp ____ (something) in Lousiana for basic and then training to be an MP. He was in Germany guarding trains at the very end of the war. He was at his duty station for only a week and then the war in Europe was over.

I still have his 1911 pistol and a German Luger. My Dad passed away in 1988.

3 Likes

Army 74-77 Germany Gas & Diesel mechanic /Hash coinsurer Even made it to Holland

1 Like

US Navy Submarines 1975 - 1981

Each year my brother-in-law calls me on veterans day to express appreciation. It is a call that I always look forward to.