Hanna pH/EC/TDS HI98129/98130 Meter Question

Using this meter, ran into an issue I didn’t see addressed in the “manual”. It sits in storage solution when not being used, and I have calibrated it. Today I ran in to something I had not seen.

When measuring runoff ppm on one of my plants (others were fine) it read 2000 and was flashing - feeding at 1200ppm. Other 2 plants runoff was within acceptable range. So, is the flashing 2000 just telling me there is an issue that needs to be addressed (which I’m guessing is true), or is it something else? Runoff ph is ok.

I’m in week 5 - White Widow autos.

Second question, does this mean it’s time to flush that one plant? Growing in coco-coir/perlite. If so, do I just keep running ph’d water with cal-mag until the runoff is within a good range?

Plant 1 - front center (between humidifier & fan), 2- back left, 3 - back right

Timelapse from seed thru week 4…

https://growdiaries.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/static/post/video/30152/27713_ilgm-white-widow-autoflower-grow-journal-by-moonchild420-growdiariesilgmwhite-widow-autoflower_cnv.mp4

1 Like

2,000 is a bit high in coco but not so high that it would require a flush yet. You should be on a feeding regimen that includes water only days. The standard is feed/water/feed/water etc. This will help reduce salt buildup.

1 Like

When you say water, just plain ph’d water or with cal-mag only? Any idea why the reading was flashing?

1 Like

I’d do a flush with pure water. I make R/O so that’s what I’d use. No cal mag until regular watering. If you feel you need to replace it immediately; treat a gallon of water with it; PH it and give to the plant at the end of your flush.

1 Like

One other thing…

My girls are on to the flowering phase (I think),but just starting… smell is noticeably stronger and I’m seeing a good number of white pistils coming out at the bud sites. That and I believe I’m still dealing with some nitrogen toxicity on the front plant - although it’s looking somewhat better than it was. I was wondering if I should switch to the flowering feed since it’s lower in N and since it looks like they are now in flower. Or continue with the growtime for the rest of the week - hoping the feed/water/feed/water will address the nitrogen issue.

Is it unreasonable to hit flowering in a month’s time with an autoflower? I got the ILGM beginner kit with the white widow seeds and nutes.

1 Like

That’s an auto for you. They are in a hurry. Their growth will coincide with flowering if not held back (to a point). If you are in large container you should see some heavy production from that strain.

You can start flowering nutes now which will also bring the N down. You may want to think about increasing the frequency of your feeding soon as the plant is going to go into peak demand.

1 Like

I’ve noticed they’ve been drinking a bit more the last few days as well. They are in 3 gallon pots and I normally got runoff after 3 cups. Now it’s taking 5 or 6 cups till runoff.

Time to adjust the light as well I guess… about 12” from the canopy getting about 40k lux? I’ve got the 260W QB 288V2 Rspec.

1 Like

I prefer to keep it close and adjust the output power. But I’m in a SCROG.

1 Like