HamminDeezy First grow journal

I think they look good. I don’t remember but are there holes in the bottom of you Folgers can and stuff for the water to drain?

1 Like

Yesh​:slightly_smiling_face: I just need to get 5 Gal buckets now to repot. Any recommendations for some, cheaper, but nice ones? :slightly_smiling_face: Also, this is kinda of topic, but does anyone know what strains are good for pressing, so far wedding cake has been a high yeilder, but are there better ones? Also does anyone have any experience in making live resin? I wanna learn how to freeze and press :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My new press is on the way! Yes…put those into final home asap! Looking good! I use 5 gal cloth pots (easier to drain excess water and allow oxygen to get to the roots). I assume if you’re bringing them inside you have a tent and lighting (at minimum)? I have absolutely no experience making live resin but I’m about to get a bunch of it soon!

1 Like

Omg, they’re seriously worth every penny, I love the rosin! Now I just need consistent dank buds cause I hate pressing shwag. I have more professional style lighting on the way, but so far just a mixture of cfl/LED. The LED is a 120W daylight, and I’m not sure what the cfl is? I do have a tent, but I’m not using it, it’s size is off, so I had to tin foil my closet last night. It was a major pain haha. Do you order your pots online or at your local nursery? I’m just trying to find something cheap, but still good. I don’t have tons of money to invest.

1 Like

@RandomlyRan Sorry, forgot to tag you with my last reply!

1 Like

Fabric pots are a couple dollars each. I’ll be using them on my next grow. You can find them online or your nearest Hydro store.

1 Like

@NeoGroR This is wonderful news, thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: It’s there any type soil I should use? What’s with the coco core? Is there a mixture I should be using, like with vermiculite or anything? Or is garden soil, mixed with compost and sand good, as long as I keep it pest free? Thank you!

here’s a copy of my homemade super soil recipe. I get enough out of this recipe to fill up almost {x4} 5 gallon pots. The other pictures are what your results could be with this soil recipe.

2 Likes

I’m a total newbie to growing. So, I’m not the best to give advice. I’m far from an authority.

However, I’m using Fox Farms Ocean Forest. You’ll find that a lot of people are using this soil. It’s easy to find, affordable and seems do be working well. Sometimes it’ll be abbreviated FFOF in posts.

Look around the forum. You’ll find a ton of info.

1 Like

Coco cores are so your seedling isn’t scorched by nutrient rich soil. They have time to develop a good root structure before entering the other soil.

1 Like

@JohnnyWeedSeed does that soil get through a whole grow? Seed to harvest?

1 Like

One more thing… After everything is mixed in my recipe I add three blocks of Coco coir. I’ll take a picture of what it is I use. No… this soil will not get you through the entire grow without using a supplemental nutrients system. I use pH perfect.

2 Likes

@JohnnyWeedSeed could I use this same soil recipe, but use the fox farm trio? I got that in the mail yesterday. With the ferts, soil mixture, and new pots they should be good the whole grow until harvest? Wow your buds look beautiful. I bet that felt so good harvesting and curing them! I’d be giddy ASF haha :slightly_smiling_face:

Absolutely…that will work just fine!

Set to watch, Good luck and Happy growing.

1 Like

Another soil option would be fox farms happy frog or ocean forest. Both have a nutrient charge in the soil for the first 5-6 weeks on the ocean forest and a couple weeks less on happy frog. They would be water only for the first bit.
:wink::+1::v:

2 Likes

A nug smasher is on my list. @CoyoteCody has a press. As far as buckets any bucket would work as long as it has drain holes. I use grow bags now but I’m going to cheap nursery pots next.

3 Likes

@Oldguy how often should I be watering? I only go about 1 time a week… or if the top soil feels dry… @RandomlyRan I have a nugsmasher, and I’m freaking IN LOVE :heart_eyes: so I’m on a mission to grow nice trichomey buds n find my favorite strain to press… it’s crazy how you can tell the difference between strains by presses too… some will taste SOOO terpy. My favorite though was actually dispensary bud… hopefully I can get close enough haha :joy:

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts how do we “set to watch” things? Seriously sorry for not knowing ANYTHING about working this forum y’all, imma learn to grow bud and work this website all at once haha :joy:

1 Like

@HamminDeezy.

Just click under the topic controls and pic your selection. :+1:

Sounds like the watering is good for now.
As they grow they will take more at a time and more often.
Just make sure the pots are light when you water. :+1::v:

2 Likes