Had to put them down

I have a spider farmer sf1000.

Ahh I see. Most of the guides I found online before coming here showed to just plant it right in the final pot and water the soil a day or so before planting which made it super easy. All I had to do was add a few drops to it when put seeds in and keep my humidity and temps right for a few days.

1 Like

12-18 inches. Use your hand as a guide, if you put your hand at canopy height from the light and hold it there for 30 seconds, if its hot to you, its too hot for them. You shouldnt have a problem with your ts1000 at about 15 inches. Take the driver off the top and mount it outside of your tent on a wire rack or stand vs against the wall, this will give you very good control over temps also.

1 Like

This was my problem initially. I had a hard time with terminology like ā€œa few dropsā€ or ā€œvery littleā€ when first growing. It took me 6 months to find someone on a different board who actually listed how many ml of water a seedling should get. I think what is easiest, varies from person to person.

2 Likes

I have successfully grown in A Pot for Pot.

Do not use the peat pellets. What worked for me was to sprout the seeds, and then put them in a solo cup made up the same way as the P4P - a bit of the supersoil on the bottom, coco/perlite on top. Transplant as soon as you have 2 - 3 sets of leaves.

I literally just pulled a failure from a pot (my first attempt) and she never put a root out of the blasted peat pellet.

2 Likes

I agree with you there, there is so much information, mis and conflicting information out there itā€™s crazy. Iā€™m lucky the first 30 days now have gone well Iā€™m probably more lucky than anything :joy::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I had a great first 2 grows. I wanted to have all my buds be perfect shape so I was hung up on light and temp foxtailing me. Spent two attempts depriving them from lightā€¦it was sad, so sad I didnt journal about them here on the boards. This grow I went back to what I was doing before, lets just say, if it aint brokeā€¦dont ā€œfixā€ it.

Luck, schmuckā€¦skills are skills, it took some to get here.

1 Like

@Fiz , there are lotsa people who use those with great sucess. Its not likely the peat pods faultā€¦ maybe something else about your setup or method was holding her back? Id like to know more, might be worth exploring to continue reaching for success in future attempts. Do you have a thread or journal here? If not would you make one and tag me in it?

@andfranplau90 cute little saying in here-no pics then it didnā€™t happenā€¦.itā€™s a lot easier for members to assist you. Good luck on your next grow!!

2 Likes

If your not interested in feedback are you just back again to vent? If your plants are growing then theyā€™ll eventually get around to flower. They have a life cycle but not a hard fixed time cycle. If your in a hurry maybe get in line at a dispensaryā€¦.

5 Likes

I think you waited to long to plant them. You should plant the peat pods as soon as you see the roots coming through the pellet. The peat pellets have no nourishment so I assume you starved your plants at least half of those 12 days before planting.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my first grow.

I grew one plant successfully on that grow.

Hereā€™s my current grow (2nd).
I have one plant from that grow still finishing, currently Iā€™ve grown 13 oz dry on this grow.

edited to fix links

2 Likes

@andfranplau90 Check the light manufactured specs on height. You can make some changes as you get comfortable with your light. Seedlings donā€™t need a lot of light. I start my seedling with a T5 17Watt fluorescent bulb. At about 6 inchs. Move to final home 5 gallon fabric pots after about 14 days in the small seed starter cup. I use my HLG LiGHTS at about half wattage to start out at about 27" And make adjustments accordingly.
Good luck :v::+1:

1 Like

Yea. I know pictures would have been good. Just got frustrated. I watered too much and i had 4 plants under the light. All 4 peat pods were under the light initially before they even sprouted. I let them sit in those pods for 12 to 13 days. Soaked and heavy. I didnt realize how little water is needed. Apotforpot seems great but the mo ey aspect isnt. I am going to try the solo cup method and some fox farm soil. Will water less and will only have one plant per light. Pics will be taken along the way this time. If anyone can tell me how to start a journal for my next grow that would be great. I greatly appreciate everyoneā€™s input and helping me figure this out. I thought i had it in the bag at first.

1 Like

1 Like

I forgot I did take some pictures of the plants. This is them at 16 days. Not so bueno

I am buying my seeds from ilgm.com. This was granddaddy purp auto.

Thatā€™s so sad if you tossed them. They would be fine. Theyā€™re stretching looking for the underpowered light. 100 watt light that this is can be 12" away from them if you keep the heat down.we donā€™t have a lot of info from you to go on @andfranplau90, but you didnā€™t need to toss those plants. They could have easily been turned into good ones. You had them in the right pots. So sadā€¦

1 Like

I am interested in feedback, but not fanciful ridiculous (and probably drunk) feedback like the last time.

1 Like

what bank?