Had to put them down

After 17 days i had to let go. The plants were looking like they should have after maybe a week. Looking at healthy pictures of other autos at that age made me realize that im wasting my time and money on these. So i looking for advice on growing. Im geowi g in a 3’x3’x6’ twnt. AC infinity 4 inch exhaust with a 6inch ac infinity fan. Humidifier and heater. Ran tent around 74°-79° at 65% humidity. Peat pods first 12 days then transplanted to apotforpot 2 gallon pot and mix. Grow light was at 18" from plants and at 50%. The light is the sf1000 grow light from spider farmer. Never checked pH to be honest. I just wonder what happened. Want this to work but getting a little discouraged. Once again this is my first grow.

2 Likes

Hope you have t tossed them yet, cannabis is really resilient and can recover. You might loose some growth but it provides you a valuable education for the next grow. Do you have any pics :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

How many plant’s was your light is only good for one plant it is only 100 true watts

2 Likes

Also was wondering if you guys think my soil would still be good to use for another grow since these plants were only in there for about a week?

1 Like

Yes, that’s an amended coco/soil blend with enough nutrients to last approximately 6 weeks with PH water at 6.2-6.5. I ran a plant in this medium once and had to start feeding around week 6 even though they say it’ll last start to finish :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

No pics but the second set of leaves were just getting to the same size as the first with minimal root system. I had 4 seedlings

I know it’s frustrating. Here’s what I do, and it’s simple. Get some fox farm happy frog soil, and solo cups. Fill a cup with soil, and moisten the soil. Plant the seed directly into the soil (not very deep), spray a little water on it to settle the seed, and stick a baggie over the top to make a little greenhouse. Keep it warm, and it should break ground in about 3 or 4 days. Stick it under your light on low power, and don’t water until bone ass dry. When the leaves get as wide as the cup, transplant into a 3 or 5 gal fabric pot of happy frog mixed with perlite and fox farm fruit and flower 4-9-3 per the instructions on the package. Then top dress with the fruit and flower after about 6 weeks. Then once a month after that if necessary, and that’s it other than ph’ing your water. I also mix some worm castings in when I’m filling my pots. Good luck.

2 Likes

2 of the “bigger” plants were yellowing. I really believe i overwatered for the first 2 weeks

So im guessing 1 plant for this light is all it can handle?

1 Like

Just me…an old Hippie, with my last grow back in the sixties. You are free to ignore.

Same light,(24hr), in a very small tent, using a 4gal ‘dishpan’. Blumat watering.
Started one auto in straight FFO.
Took her out of her crib and into 70/30 FoxFarm Ocean & worm dirt, using Bargman fert 5% reduction. LST & minor pruning.

Do NOT give up…it doesn’t have to be roket sience.

6.5 weeks…

3 Likes

I’m ready to move on to a different seed bank. I’ve planted 8 plants so far and only 3 have produced flowers. All the same treatment, same sun, same nutrients. I think they are just bad seeds. The ones that don’t produce flowers get big, have leaves, are healthy, but do not show any sexual flower parts of either kind, and of course, no buds at all. And before any one starts making unfounded suggestions, they are planted alongside plants that do well, and have flowers. They are just bad plants.

What ‘bank’?

Hey Have a look at herbies and sticky seeds and attitude seeds

Afraid so. :persevere:

Very likely as I do not water sprouts at all for the first week at least.

More likely you are just too impatient and expect every plant to act/react the same.
Some autos will start flower within 3 weeks, others will take 2 months.
Every plant is different even if you take clones.

4 Likes

I’m only a newbie but I took the easiest route possible and have had great results so far. Germination in a cup of water until root was out and then slapped them into their final resting place inside happy frog or oceans farm and even a ghetto mix I made myself. Why people make it more difficult I don’t understand transplanting and doing extra work. My girls are not even a month old yet and all I’ve had to do to this point is water. Just a suggestion next time keep it simple starting, for me it’s one less thing that can go wrong or stunt my girls etc.

o

2 Likes

This was my first grow at 23 days all 4 of my plants looked like this and I still ended up with 11oz dry weight total. I definitely had lighting issues, I switched to an sf4000 and have had much better results this time around. Don’t give up, you’ll get them where they need to be.

Second grow at almost 8 weeks from seed.

2 Likes

Starting in a dixie cup allows you to “weed out” weaker plants (pun intended). It can be a pain to pull a plant from a full 5 gallon pot, get all the roots out, replace the nutes washed out from watering for a new seed to be planted. Start it in a small cup and that is not an issue. It is very easy for new growers to overwater a large pot with a small plant in it.

What I dont get is why people have such a hard time transplanting? Its just like building a sand castle. Or molding for metal casting.

2 Likes

Nice!!!

Welcome to the community , stick around we like to see everybody have a successful grow. Lot of growers here to help you get started and finished. Good luck

3 Likes

How far would you guys suggest the light is away from seedling, vegetative, and floweing plants? I had the light at 18" at first then moved it closer when my plants werent really growing after 3 weeks.

1 Like