Had to change my expectations majorly for my plants!

So I started my first grow a few weeks ago and me being a total new beginner with growing cannabis I didn’t know that me growing autoflowers in solo.cups would be a problem for there roots original I had hoped to see atleast a qtr of flowers off each ladie but now I’m hoping for atleast a couple grams :neutral_face:

1 Like

Move them to a larger pot while you still can

1 Like

Well I have six plants In solo cups and they are all 3 weeks old I don’t mind getting a small yeilds at all some say it’s a waste of time and money but rather than a profit I’m really just doing this for fun my concern is will they flower at all in solo cups. I would move them to larger pots but my grow box is small…

There’s still time if you hurry. Do as Ds401 says and get them into bigger pots ASAP!

1 Like

I can do that. But I’d have to get rid of a few of my plants because my grow box is so small I just want some buds but I’m worried that they won’t flower at all in the solo cups

Oh they’ll flower unless they are root bound. The flowers may not be worth much. I know it’s a sad idea but… Do you have the space to save 3 if you put them in bigger pots, and give the other 3 to a friend or something? Even saving 1 in a bigger pot will probably net you more buds than the 6 as they are now.

To live is to learn. And, I learned this lesson you are experiencing now, many years ago. You know now though, right? I am really hoping you can find a solution that saves your ladies.

Praying for Boofnadu420!

1 Like

Keep the best ones toss the rest you will get nothing out of a solo cup

Well do to me being new in a new area I just moved I don’t have any buddies here yet so honestly what I could do is make another small grow box and use my cheap grow lights I have 4 17 watt walmart grow lights I could save 3 plants put them in bigger pots and put the other 3 in the other grow box and just see what happens with them. Atleast they may have a chance at survival with the cheap lights instead of just straight up chopping them down this just a ball park idea here maybe I could very carefully take a razor blade and cut out the bottom of the solo cups and fill other solo cups halfway with soil and just stack them on top that may give the roots a little extra room to spread out I don’t have room for thicker pots but I could make the cups taller with more soil for the roots

2 Likes

Sounds very top heavy, especially at flower. I wouldn’t go that route. I would go with separating into 2 boxes. At least with 2 boxes you are prepped for a veg box and a flower box next time. Are you a coffee drinker? I did my first successful grow out of the large coffee cans. They didn’t get big, but they did produce. Even 1 gallon milk jugs would be a quick and easy way to get some bigger pots for them. Just cut the tops off about 1/3 of the way down the handle.

The lights… are really really low, but, if you have a very small space and you can get them close enough to the plants without burning them, they will do it. This is like a crash course in oh crap save my plants guerrilla growing tactics.

Can you post some pics of what you’re working with. My mind works best with pictures, and crayons.

1 Like

You know that’s a good idea let me finish my cigarette outside and I’ll head in and take some pics of my grow box

Okay this is my box and why I’m concerned about bigger pots lol

1 Like

Yes, that is limited. In that space I can not see you growing more than 1 successfully. Ds401’s suggestion of saving the best one would be the safest route. If you can swing another box you could go for 1 per box. Definitely go for bigger pots ASAP. Once you get 1 or 2 in bigger pots, look into doing some LST (low stress training) to maximize yield.

Wish the others could find a home.

1 Like

So let’s just say I do decide to leave my plants in the cups and leave them in that box in your opinion could I yeild anything at all I mean idk like I said I don’t expect much but if I got a little bit of bud off each one I’d be happy

I think they’ll be root bound and dead before you get halfway through flower, if that long. I wish it were otherwise, but I would rather see you save 1 and get something, than lose them all. On the plus side, even one can produce a lot if tended to properly. Low stress training can and does crop huge yields in a limited space. I have a plant that is 2.5’ tall, never been topped, and has 7 colas on it (expecting 3-4 oz out of it). All I did was tie it down, trim where needed to expose internodes to light, and voila. A mini plant with mighty potential.

1 Like

Alright I’m gonna get to work tmrw then and get them transplanted into bigger pots let me ask you this do I really need a grow box? Let’s say I just put a bunch of big pots close together with an LED above them and keep them in a room with white walls do you think they would do a little better? I know I’m asking alot of questions I’m just trying to find a way to keep all six of them alive lmao i don’t wanna kill any of them :persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere:

1 Like

I agree with the idea of taking 1 or 2 and put them in a bigger pot. You may have less plants, but those fewer plants will have more room for their roots and more room to fill out and not be over crowded. I don’t know if the will even survive in solo cups. You are gonna run into a bunch of problems leaving them in those solo cups. Good luck growin

3 Likes

a tent helps control the environment, raise and lower temps, humidity, hide the smell thru the use of filters, helps hide plants…

If you can get by without that, no need for a tent.

But the led light has a limited area it can provide enough light for growing, the “footprint” of the light…you should have gotten that info with your light. Any plant outside that footprint will not grow properly.

My Mars Hydro 300 light has a 2’x2’ grow area footprint. I can fit 2 plants in 5 gallon containers under it, atm.

1 Like

Growing in an open room, I’m finding that mine seem to be growing at a slower pace than others I see here. Not only does a tent help with the things you mentioned, I believe negative pressure in the tent provides more help than I originally thought.

I don’t know. Indoor has many notable benefits, but there’s nothing like growing outside!

3 Likes

I loved outdoors, outdoors didn’t love me back, caterpillars, heat, mold every year…all under control inside…but big plants with sunshine backed growth is real hard to beat.

2 Likes

The plants I’ve seen grown in Solo Cups on u-tube grewed tall and spindly and they didn’t flower

… do yourself a big favor while you can, like everybody else said above, you’ve got Decades of experience Growers above all telling you this same thing my friend ?!

5 Likes