Guys what do you think? How many to keep in the tent?

I grow in 3x3 under SF 1000. There’s 4 plants month and half old(Sweet tooth). What you guys think how many to keep in tent. Obviously 4 is too much,just wondering is it 3 to much? Thanks guys. God bless

2 Likes

I personally think youd be fine …may get a touch crowded but would be alright…I’m doing 5 in a 4x4

5 Likes

What kind of lighting do you use?

I have a 600w hps and a 1000w KingLED, waiting on a hlg 600r spec to put in my new 5x5 and these girls will move over there

1 Like

Or sorry it’s a 600w mh light…my hps burnt out right away so just getting by till I get my badass new light

All 4 is definitely doable for sure id recommend a double layer scrog you will fill youre canopy with colas but id definitely recommend either another sf1000 or upgrade to the sf2000 as the sf1000 only has a 2x2 footprint for flower and a sf2000 has a 2x4 flower footprint but would also be decent i believe for a 3x3

2 Likes

Definitely doable. If you go ahead and flip them. 6 weeks is the general time line. Less is SoG, more if trying to hit 80% of net before flip. I’d say that’s about 80% of your room. Meaning would make a good scrog. Like they said. Drop a net or two, flip them girls. No waiting to fill the net with less plants.

2 Likes

Yeah I put my order in for my hlg too.I have a 4x4 so it should be more then enough

Nice work. You think I would’ve problem living 3 off them in 5 gallon? Thanks

@Gogo if you’re asking 3 plants in one 5 gal container I’d say no way …only one plant per container, use smaller 3 gal containers if you need room

I mean 5 gallon each . Right now there are in 2 gallon but I think tomorrow transplant them in 5 gallons. What do you think if I put later one of them outside are they gonna flip to flower. Right now there are on 18:6

Oh…well I chose the 5 gal ones for these autos, thinking bout stepping up to 7gal tho cuz getting ilgm fems next time and the bigger the pot the bigger the root area and should be bigger plants in theory…but there are a lot of other factors that go into it…like I feel I’m pushing mine hard on nutes…full nutes plus bloom plus milk every other time since week 3…some people here say 5 gal are way too big for indoor…idk it’s all kinda new to me as this is my first grow so I’m seeing how hard I can push em and what happens…trying to maximize yield

3 gallon pots would work just fine but 5 gallon pots definitely give the plant more room for root structure

5 gallon and 7 gallon are even fine for large fems. I always assume fem. The only real benefit of a 7 is less frequent watering. I keep my mother plant in a 10g but that’s because I expect to have her around for awhile and my 10g are just easier. Less bending and I stretched her up for easy watering. Either 7 or 5 you’ll be watering every other day in mid flower most likely. Gotta water my 3s everyday though.
You can grow a 10 cola plant beginning to end in a solo cup. See the solo cup challenge thread.

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! Nice healthy looking plants, it is doable but it will get tight. You can only get so many buds in a space ,With 4 plants or 2 plants.
Good luck. :+1::v:

1 Like

I regularly grow 4 in my 3x3. You just have to train and prune them accordingly. Based on the strain I will veg for around 70 days. I currently have some purple haze going that may not make it that long. Agree with @LiesGrows about light. Definitely needs more juice. Personally I would go with 2x SF2000. You would do well to add the SF2000 to your SF1000

5 Likes

Thanks guys on help, God bless

2 Likes

You can push 250w out of the sf2000 w/o voiding warranty. So a 1 and 2 would be plenty for a 3x3. 2 2000s would give better canopy penetration, but that’s it without other factors making it worth it. Odd it only lists turned down for other two in manual.

1 Like