Gummy Bear Question

Made a kick ass batch of gummy bears yesterday with Ladi’s recipe. I am totally sold on the whole body high and effect this edible gave me. I’ll be keeping a supply on-hand.

I used molds I bought from Amazon and a small little dip tube syringe came with the molds. I struggled with this dipper syringe but it was not real satisfactory since it held such a small amount of product. I also tried a turkey baster with little success. I thought about pouring into the mold but that would make a dog ass mess.

Does anybody have a cool trick or tip to filling these gummy molds? Searching for ideas before next attempt.

9 Likes

Childs cough syrup syringe or cup maybe

4 Likes

yea,those are like 5ml so you could get a few done @MT3

2 Likes

Would you like to share the recipe? :grin:

2 Likes

Glad to share as this recipe was truly outstanding as shared by our friend @Ladithief. He gets the full credit since I did nothing more than follow his lead.

• ¾-1 cup Tincture (to be reduced to oil in step 4, below)
  • 12 ounces (4 packages of 3 ounces each) flavored gelatin of your choice
  • 1 cup fruit juice of your choice, chilled (NO PINEAPPLE OR CITRUS JUICES)
  • 2½ ounces (10 envelopes of ¼ ounce each) unflavored gelatin
  • ¼ cup of honey or agave nectar
  • 1 tablespoon Tart & Sour or citric acid powder
  • ½ tablespoon flavor extract
  1. In a large bowl, whisk all the gelatins and citric acid together.
  2. Separately, stir ¼ cup honey or agave together with the chilled fruit juice; then, whisk it into the gelatin until everything is thoroughly combined.
  3. Set the gelatin mixture aside to soften, or “bloom”, while you reduce your tincture.
  4. In a large, non-stick sauté pan on low heat, reduce your tincture until almost all the alcohol has evaporated, creating concentrated Oil . It should look like molasses.
  5. Add flavor extract and swirl the pan in a circular motion until the oil mix again resembles molasses; then add the gelatin mixture.
  6. Whisk the gelatin mix into the pan with the oil mix, and begin to simmer the gummy cannfection over medium-low heat.
  7. Stir constantly for 7-10 minutes, or until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
  8. Using a large measuring cup with a pour spout or other methods, transfer the mixture into your molds, and refrigerate them for 45-60 minutes.
  9. Remove your Gummies from the molds, serve, and enjoy!

Ladi

15 Likes

Yes🤗 i would

2 Likes

Any good tincture methods?

2 Likes

I just posted one on another thread. Let me go find it.

4 Likes

Could you please tag me on that??

@jt123, I fooled around with a couple of alcohol based tinctures until I became frustrated and bought a Magical Butter Maker 2. If you are remotely interested in tincture based products, I strongly suggest the Magical Butter Maker (MB2) would be the way to go.

i have the magic butter 2 i gues si should follow that… question… could i use the leaves and stems when i trim or not enough thc?

1 Like

That recipe is from magic butter I believe. I work with a glass measuring cup and I add boiling or really hot water Before adding the gummy mix. Using something that stays hot is essential in not loosing a lot of your material. I only use tablespoon size molds,I purchased the bear mold but like you found that to be difficult. So now if I want less I just cut the gummy to whatever dose I’d like. Headed south of the border at Xmas and I do plan on melting a few into those molds to take along. Maybe a glass turkey blaster if there’s such a thing?

1 Like

They recommend to use more material if using trim. I’ve only ever used trim and I use 28g to the fifth of grain alcohol. Never had any issues with potency actually opposite. Which is why some who enjoy dice them up.

i have everclear so that will work, correct? can i use more than 28g per fifth?

Everclear is what I use and yes you can add whatever you’d prefer just be cautious at the beginning as to not over do it. That rabbit hole isn’t enjoyable.

5 Likes

i have some left over from 2 months ago making butter for brownies. they are decarbed

1 Like

Also gummies will last months in air tight container in the freezer, weeks in fridge, only days if not. Parchment paper in the container between layers. I can also recommend to use name brand jello and knox unflavored I tried cheaper but wouldn’t set up correctly and was a waste for me .

2 Likes

This is what I think about when I think about Gummy Bears:

9 Likes

I made several trays of gummy bears and kinda gave up when I had a good amount of my material left. I had a plastic plate with high sides, sprayed it lightly with Pam and spread the rest in the plate. It firmed up just fine and I cut it in strips with heavy scissors, then into serving size squares. This route seemed fairly easy, and three plates would do the entire batch. Instead of belaboring those molds, I will just cut the gummy material into squares once setup.

5 Likes

Lmao @blackthumbbetty :joy:

1 Like