GUMMIES.. refrigerator

My refrigerator had a sligh temp problem… now my gummies have a bit of mold on them. Will it be OK to wash them off? I’m not at all afraid of mold, but sharing… well that might be different. lol

1 Like

I believe this is a wash and eat at your own risk here buddy. If were mine id cut losses and drop them in garbage. Mold is a serious issue if ingested while live still c an cUse u serious problems. Be careful. Id suggeat no just because my cousin is a er doc and says if it is not at all gone and spores that are live r ingested can cause u some serious health issues.

2 Likes

You didn’t share exactly how moldy they were, but I’m going to assume there’s only a small amount. There’s a threshold limit, and that’s a personal one.

I have a different perspective, and as long as they don’t taste bad, I would eat it. I don’t recommend sharing with anyone. But, you said you weren’t sharing.
Off topic, I eat moldy cheese, and bread too. Way I see it I’m diversifying my immunity. :thinking:

6 Likes

They say with cheese just cut off mold and it’s fine ( if it’s just a spot or two)

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Blue vein!

2 Likes

Just tell yourself it’s from a bleu cheese strain

2 Likes

Fun fact the mold on bree is one of the only sources of a vitamin k that allows your bones to reabsorb calcium

4 Likes

@Covertgrower Thanks… yes just a ‘bit’ Yeah, really that mold on cheese! And penicillin … I have one of the strongest immune systems of anyone I know… and this is probably why. lol

1 Like

@GreenSnek I didn’t know that!

1 Like

@Mr_Wormwood That’s exactly what I do with cheese. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My main concern (since it’s just a BIT of mold) IS… washing it off. How would this affect the gummies (washing them??)
Thanks for all the replies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Washing it should be no issue. Just allow to dry, and don’t set them on a fuzzy towel, the fibers will stick to the gelatin.

4 Likes

@Covertgrower - Thanks… I didn’t know whether they would begin to dissolve or exactly what might happen. lol

1 Like

They won’t dissolve with a quick cool water wash off. And set them on a sheet pan to dry.

2 Likes

@GreenJewels Thank you.

2 Likes

Use Apple cider vinegar to wash the mold of and let them dry it will kill the mold
I make a lot of gummies and some mold and I do that and there is no issue

1 Like

@jnoyes53 Thank you!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice fish by the way :grin:

@jnoyes53 Thank you. 7.2#. I released her back into my lake. :slightly_smiling_face:. She hadn’t spawned yet.