My refrigerator had a sligh temp problem… now my gummies have a bit of mold on them. Will it be OK to wash them off? I’m not at all afraid of mold, but sharing… well that might be different. lol
I believe this is a wash and eat at your own risk here buddy. If were mine id cut losses and drop them in garbage. Mold is a serious issue if ingested while live still c an cUse u serious problems. Be careful. Id suggeat no just because my cousin is a er doc and says if it is not at all gone and spores that are live r ingested can cause u some serious health issues.
You didn’t share exactly how moldy they were, but I’m going to assume there’s only a small amount. There’s a threshold limit, and that’s a personal one.
I have a different perspective, and as long as they don’t taste bad, I would eat it. I don’t recommend sharing with anyone. But, you said you weren’t sharing.
Off topic, I eat moldy cheese, and bread too. Way I see it I’m diversifying my immunity.
They say with cheese just cut off mold and it’s fine ( if it’s just a spot or two)
Just tell yourself it’s from a bleu cheese strain
Fun fact the mold on bree is one of the only sources of a vitamin k that allows your bones to reabsorb calcium
@Covertgrower Thanks… yes just a ‘bit’ Yeah, really that mold on cheese! And penicillin … I have one of the strongest immune systems of anyone I know… and this is probably why. lol
@GreenSnek I didn’t know that!
@Mr_Wormwood That’s exactly what I do with cheese.
My main concern (since it’s just a BIT of mold) IS… washing it off. How would this affect the gummies (washing them??)
Thanks for all the replies
Washing it should be no issue. Just allow to dry, and don’t set them on a fuzzy towel, the fibers will stick to the gelatin.
@Covertgrower - Thanks… I didn’t know whether they would begin to dissolve or exactly what might happen. lol
They won’t dissolve with a quick cool water wash off. And set them on a sheet pan to dry.
@GreenJewels Thank you.
Use Apple cider vinegar to wash the mold of and let them dry it will kill the mold
I make a lot of gummies and some mold and I do that and there is no issue
@jnoyes53 Thank you!!
Nice fish by the way
@jnoyes53 Thank you. 7.2#. I released her back into my lake. . She hadn’t spawned yet.