Guide on topping autoflower

So ad in my recent post my Gorilla Glue is to big to top to get it to grow wider.
Here is a pic of a Girl Scout Cookies Extreme. Can I top this one? Or too late too?
Anyone recommend a good online guide for when to top these autoflowering plants?

2 Likes

@Nicky @Not2SureYet I believe are the knowledgeable autoflower cats.

Often suggested FIM over topping. I’ve been afraid at birth with autos. And have stunted all of mine so far.

1 Like

Most top after the fifth node shows. So I will go with that. If you are in coco. I would say at the end of week 4 :grin: She is nice and green. :slightly_smiling_face: I still have a GSCE on the lit too :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have read lots on this topic and like all others there is no “right way” to grow auto’s. The big difference between the two is that photo period plants have time to recover from the HST techniques. Auto’s are about 30 days (sometimes more) faster to harvest, so one or two days even a week recovery time is HUGE amount of time in its life span. This is why people say don’t top autos and why they say always plant in its forever pot. How you feel to do it is how you should. There are no guarantees either way so the choice is yours. My last grow I accidentally topped two plants during LST by snapping off the tops while trying to bend them over. Those two plants (auto’s) were the heaviest of 5 at harvest. I just topped 2 out of the current 4 I am growing now because of my experience in the last grow. Here is a good tutorial video

Good luck and happy growing. Hope I helped

5 Likes

Fim 4th/5th node is what I do.

1 Like

The rule of thumb, based on growers who specialize in Auto Flowers, is that you top them above the 4th node when they are 14 - 21 days old.

Mine were just short of their 4th node at 21 days so I ended up going with LST.

1 Like