GSCE Auto flower time

Autos are new to me. I sprouted a few GSCE Autos on 6/14 and potted them up and got them outside on 6/24. They’re 3+ feet tall now and doing nicely. I have not topped them at all nor anything else because I’m curious to see how they’ll do with minimal input. I see that they are all now budding. Quite a bit of stink and nice hairs forming.

My questions are these:
How long once they’ve begun budding will they go before harvest typically?
Is this an especially pungent strain while growing?

2 Likes

I’ve got 4 photos of GSCE at week 5 of flower in a inside tent, they smell like cantaloupe. I couldn’t tell you how strong it would be outside.

1 Like

ILGM says GSCEAF is ready in it’s 8th week of flower. Preflowers appear in week 2 or 3. You have 5-6 weeks left.

Taste & Smell Diesel | Earthy | Herbal | Lemon | Pungent | Skunky | Spicy | Sweet

They should have put pungent in all caps.

3 Likes

@oldmarine that is exactly what I thought about it being pungent. Thanks for that info. Much appreciated!

Another question which kind of spurred my first post. I’ve read that some people have autoflowers that go much longer than expected, is that because they don’t start flowering until later?

I have an outdoor GSCE auto at 4 weeks today and an indoor at 22 days. Outdoor severely stunted. Only about 4”, ya inches tall. What kind of soil are you using if you don’t mind me asking??

1 Like

These are guidelines. Your experience might vary. Autos are their own thing. The mixture with ruderalis allows for the “automatic” nature. Then throw in people. I mean everyone is going to be doing different things. In different ways. In different places. And on and on.

If they’ve just started budding then you have about 7 weeks. That’s the best I can do for you.

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

I used mostly Happy Frog with some Ocean Forest and Coco Loco in a 10 gallon fabric pot. I also used Mykos when I planted. I’ve stuck to mostly Old Truck Organics Compost Tea for nutrients. They get a solid amount of unobstructed sun mid day to almost sunset

1 Like

I had a feeling the difference in time was primarily before budding started. It makes sense that once that starts it’s a pretty straightforward time to harvest.

1 Like

They are their own BEAST!! I have 5 all same age all in different stages… Starting week 9 and 1 just starting. Couple covered in Crystal!??:dizzy_face::+1::heart_eyes::yum:!! My longest took 17 weeks zkittles but she was my first 4+ oz plant. They drove me insane when I switched from photos but over the years I have learned to love these CRAZY BIT - HES !! be patient, relax ,puff, NO STRESS!!! :+1::yum::grin::seedling:!!

Good luck!!

2 Likes

My gsce’s were small, same as yours. Then they had a growth spurt and at 7 weeks from first set of leaves are now almost 3’ and sporting quite a few buds. Outdoor grow, coco loco and fox farm nuts in 3 gal fabric.

2 Likes

Welcome!!! Great group!! All willing to help! Would like to see pics!

1 Like

3feet is incredible. My indoor is at about 10", 22 days old. The outdoor I mentioned popped her first pistil today. Barely 4” tall​:joy::joy:. She probably gets 10+ hours direct sunlight, but we had some kind of rain, storm or sprinkle, every day until less than 2 weeks ago. I need the cannabis Gods to reign some love on her so she will stretch​:sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face: Got some pics?? It’d be awesome to see the potential mine have! I’m sure others don’t object to 3’+, month and a half old going into flower either!

2 Likes

All same age and at wildly different stages!!

1 Like

Mine are taller but a little less bushy than I expected. I’m used to growing indicas mostly. These definitely reminds me of a sativa

2 Likes

@Pmr @Borderryan22 those are all at 3 ft. All topped once 2 twice one on far right topped 3 times and caged she would be 6ft. And your2 questions how long??? They are all different!! And GSCEX. SMELL KILLER​:yum::+1::fire:

2 Likes

No kidding!! Going to try an do 5 indoor beginning of next year. Hopefully be a little more steady progress.

2 Likes