GSC X Auto Quad-fold, w/ single spire rooted top

Day 73: Just an early Trich check, to be honest a microscope camera check.

A-we gonna do what they say can’t be done

We’ve got a long way to go,

and a short time to get there.
2-3 weeks out still my best guess.
Still slurping it down like sorority girl.

5 Likes

78 Whoops

2 Likes

Day 82: Starting to consume the old growth even at FS feed. Water only next rez change till end. 2 laps to the finish line, Dog will Hunt!

Filling out nicely.

Orange hairs starting to recede, not quite there but very close.

This one smells intensely sweet, trichs are tiny in comparison to the other, but glazed

Rooted Topping from one on left, one Big bud and a couple laterals.

8 Likes

Looking great in there!

2 Likes

Noice. Love the pinkish hue from the hairs and crystals.

That one on the right, its pinkish/purple up close just on the bracts, I’ll grab the Nikon and try to get a macro on it and what a little calcium hog. Starting showing a deficiency a few weeks back. Fed on same rez too…diff pheno, lots of little differences between em.

1 Like

Mine looked kind of like just before chopping. I figured it was the way light shown through crystals with the red hairs lay on them. Whatever it is, you got a lot of nice looking colas there.

1 Like

Absolutely destroying the Auto’s folklore of being too touchy to use advanced pruning techniques on!

My experience is similar to yours. Autos can handle anything photos can during veg, IMHO.
They don’t seem to mind until they decide they want to flower and reproduce.
That is when I notice the Auto’s acting differently than photos.
Once in flower the 1 clone experiment I tried failed with the WWA clone.
I did not try making any clones from an Auto which is still vegging, have you?
I’m thinking as long as they are in early veg states clones from Autos should be possible too?
Really nice work there my friend! :+1: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That weird Rooted Top is basically that, so it is possible! It did a little monstercrop reversion to Veg - hence the single and 3 leaf. But the timeline on the Ruderalis(annual) says a perpetual mother is not possible. Still worth looking at a debunk - thats what makes this fun.

4 Likes

I’m a lil late to the party but set to watch! Thanks for sharing and I really love how you journal…some entries to ol’ classic songs. You killin’ it.

3 Likes

So what happens if you try and just let an auto grow?
Will it just eventually die?

I have not done this, So I cant say with any factual certainty.

All I have read is that the Ruderalis hybrid makes the Auto behave much like an “Annual” plant…one cycle…grow/flower/breed/seed/die.

Standard photos can be held in perpetual veg state or reverted via monster-crop, like a typical “Perennial”.

I do this with my Reapers, Ghost and Tabasco pepper plants, for overwintering. topped/rootpruned and kept under 6500K flouros

6 Likes

I just got here to watch Ol Bandit run!

Pet-de-Chien you are a real Joker!

:+1: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

2 excellent movies.

I’m East bound and down…

2 Likes

Trich Check / Random buds - Stay Frosty Friends

Like Lemmings marching to the Slaughter. Next week ladies.

10 Likes

Beautiful! :+1: :sunglasses:

Gorgeous :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Day 87: Lights out tonight until Sunday morn ladies. Day 90 will be chop day.
I’ll update a dry weight when done, I cant think of any additional pic updates worthwhile.

I like the way your sparkling Tri-chomes shine
Against your leaves so pale now
And I want to smoke with you in the desert night
With a billion stars all around

‘Cause I got a peaceful easy feelin’
And I know you won’t let me down
‘Cause I’m already standin’
and you’re gonna be On the ground.

8a84e18131981873f3298da37006c092

6 Likes

How’s is Sue coming along now?? I think that’s so cool you cloned the top of an auto you cut off.

Sue…? Autos cant be cloned/rooted…Haha, maybe, not perpetually but in a single run yeah…debunked.
The spire, is just clear/cloudy 50/50 orange hairs. I’m gonna take her too although not quite as ready. The plant if I chop at the base stays alive for 3-4 days. while drying/dying so it can still metabolize and ripen… I prefer a racey high and this GSCX is supposed to be a “on your ass” I’ll be happy with the balance.

2 Likes