GSC Extreme Auto

@kellydans happy to hear u say that, cuz there’s been a slight negative air pressure inside the fan since the day I set it up. I made sure every opening not being used is closed, tied and secured as much as possible. I even made sure all of the velcro covers on all the windows are as closed as I can get em, I see no light escaping from the windows in any way, and like I said, it luckily created a negative air pressure inside.

1 Like

Have you got your exhaust fan mounted in top of the tent with a piece of flex run out the top?

U can even see the tent is kinda sucked in in the pictures. I thought it might be a bad thing but there wasn’t much I could do so I was hoping for the best, but hearing u say I should try to create negative air pressure just took a load off my mind honestly.

1 Like

Yeah, out of the top side vent hole, the duct runs down and into a vent in my closet that gets exhausted out the back of my apartment. It’s as straight a shot as I could get cuz I didn’t want to kink the ducting up in anyway so that air is all flowing freely and definitely well

1 Like

Yes, You won’t the sides of the tent sucked in. It’s also nice to have a variable speed on exhaust fan so you can adjust when needed.

1 Like

Open one hole at the bottom and you’ll feel it pulling a vacuum . I use a piece of flex With a couple of snake bends That will take care of light Leakage. Oh yeah that’s nice fan.

1 Like

I used a Lil piece of the ducting between the fan and filter, then a lil duct tape then the pipe clamp and some packaging tape on the outside to make sure I sealed it all up as much as possible. I did that for the end of the fan that the ducting connects to also. I wanted no types of air or light leaks in any way. Not worried about smell cuz all my neighbors are potheads and it’s completely legal where I live to own grow and possess, even got a medical card just to make sure the government doesn’t think I’m doing anything shady in any way over here.

1 Like

I was referring to a piece of flex in the hole at the bottom of the tent With a couple of snake bends. I use my Exhaust fan to also pull fresh air through the hole at the bottom.:v:

1 Like

Oh ok, no I don’t have any at the bottom. I think she should be ok though, the air is constantly circulating inside the tent, I keep both fans on at all times, and I like to open up the windows in my apartment and open the tent up if it’s nice out and kind of just let her chill with the tent open.

1 Like

If you don’t have a inlet fan. you need to open one hole at the bottom That will be your pass through fresh air hole .

1 Like

What do u think about topping her? I’ve wanted to do it but I’ve been told it’s not the best idea for autos cuz they have such a short veg period and it might not fully recover.

1 Like

autos usually start flowering between 4 to 7 weeks. I don’t top my autos I usually fim them one time at either 4 or 5 nodes.

1 Like

And opening up the velcro a smidge on one of the bottom windows ok as far as letting in fresh air? Its killing me not have it completely sealed up cuz I’m ocd like that but I unstuck a piece of the velcro on the bottom window in the back of the tent, should that be good u think? It’s still sucking in which I’m happy to see with the window getting a lil air now.

I’ve never heard of fimming until literally a couple days ago, I’ve seen the pic of where to snip it but I’m too much of a rookie to wanna try it yet.

1 Like

The stale air needs to be turned over with fresh air inside the tent. so opening a hope will take care of that. I have a 6" hole open at the bottom of my tent And when I reach flower stage I open 2 holes and increased the speed of the Exhaust fan.

1 Like

When fimming snip 80% of the last growth off It is less stressful on Autos. I always just top my photos.

Yes.

No.

Soak the soil then let the soil dry out before watering again.

2 Likes

I trust ur judgement, I’m gonna wait til the next grow to try that. This being my first grow, I honestly wanted to just grow it as normally as possible to see how everything goes. And the more experience I obtain, the more comfortable I feel with the plants and feel like I know what I’m doing, then I’ll start trying different techniques. This time around tho, just trying to stay on top of her pH and making sure there’s no pests or mold or anything like that, and I wanna grow her til it’s time to chop her, which will all be a first for me too when the time comes. I’ll be here bugging u guys through flowering, and curing :joy:

1 Like