GSC Extreme Auto

On feeding my only thing is don’t feed Nutes because you want to, I ran short on cash didn’t feed any tell week 5-6, thought I needed to catch up, feed to much to quickly, caused root lock out, your plant will tell you what she needs. Don’t feed for the sake of feeding, making more work for self. KISS keep it simple stupid works for me, also enjoy this guys don’t stress. This should be fun

2 Likes

@Kingkupa really? So don’t start nutes until I start seeing an issue with her?

I’m new in first grow, depending on your soil, using FFOF, with FF coco locco so for me, my soil carried me like 5-6 weeks. If you start putting nutes in before needed more likely to have ph issues, or can lead to salt build up. Meaning you need to flush, No experience but read a lot that if you follow ff trio schedule don’t start out full strength right away. PLEASE if I’m wrong let me know not trying to mess anyone up

1 Like

I mean it sounds logical, I just figured I’d start feeding her soon as week 5 hit, but at the same time, if it’s unnecessary then I don’t wanna waste anything. I’m guessing by that point tho, the nutrients that were already in the soil will be so depleted, I’ll prob start seeing some things. If it’s flowering and there no nutrition in the soil anymore, it’ll def begin to show in the plant that there’s some stuff it needs that it’s not getting. Idk, we’ll see I guess

100% thank u Now at week 4 you see something jump on it, but like you said logical I paid for FF soil for a reason, i don’t want to grow in something and have to feed right away and pay 20$ a bag soil then buy more nutes and more stuff.

1 Like

I hear u. Ur right tho, this is supposed to be a fun hobby, not some stressful headache like alot of us can turn it into. My dad was the same way he said when he first started growing on his own, now he just pH’s the water, if it starts to look like a lockout, he’ll flush, he uses the fox farm liquid trio and that’s it these days. He used to use all different types of nutes and meters and all type of unnecessary stuff he said. He keeps it simple as possible these days. Hes got a nice setup, inside and outside, he’s definitely sitting on alot of top shelf bud, and he’s says just pH the water, look for burn or deficiencies, feed a portion of what the bottle says, less is more and that’s it. I don’t even know if he checks with a jewelers loupe before he starts chopping anymore. I definitely trust his methods tho. Tried to get him to make an account on here, but he doesn’t care about that type of stuff he says :joy: just let em grow and smoke his bud.

End of the day pics. I got a feeling she’s gonna look big tomorrow. Usually once the pot is completely dry and I water again, she blows up.

1 Like

Quick question, I’m now 3 weeks and 4 days in with this grow, about how much water should she be getting. I try to let it dry out so I water every two days, sometimes 3. It doesn’t get a whole lot of water though. Like I haven’t given her a full gallon between all her watering yet. She looks fine, but I wonder if I’m short changing her and should be giving her alot more water through the week.

This is how she looks today :point_up:

@kellydans whatcha think? About how much H2O should she be receiving 3 weeks and 4 days in?

1 Like

@Borderryan22 @Kingkupa @MidwestGuy I just moved the fan to the corner and raised it, had to tape it cuz it won’t grip the pole and if it does, it slides down or just pops off, anyway, I have it on low aimed at the plant. Is that ok to do? Should I not aim it directly at her? Will it cause wind burn? And I’m also wondering how much water should I be giving her? I water twice, sometimes three times a week but I don’t use alot of water at all. How much should she bet getting?

2 Likes

1 small 6" circulating fan should be fine At this point. I have a square 2 x 2 tie wraped to the round Pole in order to have a flat Surface to clip fans Securely . Do you have a Exhaust fan ?

1 Like

I’m sure the small oscillating fan is fine. I haven’t grown anything indoors yet, but I think @kellydans brought up a good point on the exhaust fan. As far as watering, you can still go wet-dry. Wait til the top 1-2" of soil is dry. I wouldn’t think she’d need more than ⅓-½ gallon. Just enough to get a little runoff. She’ll probably start going into preflower in the next week and a half and start taking off. Are you giving nutes yet?

1 Like

@kellydans ok thanks. It has a 4" inline duct fan and a 4" carbon filter that I run 24/7. It’s quiet and it seems to keep my tent between 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit and the humidity is pretty much always at 60-65% it seems.

1 Like

@Borderryan22 no nutes yet. The fox farm soil should have about another week, maybe two left of nutes in it on its own. I was gonna start feeding nutes in week 5, but somebody actually told me to hold off on nutes until I start seeing signs that they’re needed, and not to feed her nutes just to feed her nutes.

1 Like

Just went back and reread. You’re pretty much right on track to give her nutes when you said. Start at half strength, tho. I’d honestly start at 4 week, at ½ strength, per the FF schedule. I skip a week or two throughout it because GSCE autos start flowering like right at 5-6 weeks. Mine is almost 7 weeks from sprout, and almost a week into flower.

1 Like

The soil will definitely hold her for another solid week. I don’t want to give conflicting advice as I’m not as experienced as most other growers here. I tend to feed heavy and haven’t had any issues, though.

1 Like

Just went back and reread myself, Kelly and KingKupa already told me how much water I should be giving her smh :joy: I forgot I read that

@JiggaMan1987 That’s good 24 / 7 on Exhaust fan. Leave 1 or 2 holes open at the bottom you’re pulling hot stale air out the top of the tent an at the same time pulling fresh air in the bottom. Creating a negative pressure inside the tent which will also control smell. Good luck

1 Like