GSC Extreme Auto

Ordered my super mix Auto pack a while ago, decided to go with just one plant for my first grow. Got my GSC Extreme thriving right now. Transplanted her after only 3 days, expected to wake up to a wilted, dead plant. She’s a trooper. 3 weeks and 2 days in. Going to start giving her nutes in 2weeka, until then, I believe the Ocean Forest soil will hold her.

5 Likes

You’ll probably go into flower right at 5 weeks. Your FFOF is definitely good for a solid 4 weeks. If using FF nutes, don’t go full bore when you start adding. I start giving the liquid trio and powdered trio (according to schedule) when I notice preflowers, at ½ strength, then bump it up every week. Calmag every watering. Having issues right now because I’m outside and every available force of nature is trying to knock mine outta commission. Your looks really nice! Good luck and happy growing!

2 Likes

Also, it looks like you could have used a little more soil in the bag. You can fold the top of the bag once or twice until the soil level is about 1½" from the top.

1 Like

Yeah I was planning on giving her 1/4 of the recommended dosage of Fox Farm for the first two weeks and then bump it to 1/3, once I hit the 4th week of flowering, I was gonna start using 1/2 and see how she reacts to see if it’s too much. I used a full 12 qt. Bag of FFOF thinking it was enough but I def realized shortly after it wasn’t much once it settles and gets some water. I will def fold the top of the bag though like u said. Thanks for the info. It’s my first grow so everything I’m dealing with is experience in my eyes, that’s why I decided to just plant one seed :joy: didn’t wanna waste any. I’m excited to see how she turns out in the end. My next grow is gonna be a gorilla glue auto. These ILGM seeds are def filled with good genetics though, I couldn’t believe she survived that transplant

1 Like

The only thing about FF nutes and doing ½ and ⅓ or ¾ or partial feeds, is making sure you get it right lol. I can’t even count how many times I’ll be measuring ½ strength and accidently go full with one of the nutes and start over. It’ll rack your brains, but it’s a solid line.

2 Likes

I’ve successfully harvested 2 lol. Both GSCE autos. I have a 3rd that just went into flower with a poison berry auto from another company. I chopped the first about a week early and dried it too fast. Second one is at 5 days curing now and is going to be much better smoke.
My first stayed under two feet while the second went to almost four. Both plants I got just under 5oz dry total, but probably lost at least a half ounce throughout the grow from the outside elements.

1 Like

Yeah I hear u, I figured I’d use actual measuring spoons and just keep the ones I need for the time being with the bottles so I don’t mix anything up. I was gonna go with the Bruce banner auto in the pack but I’ve always loved girl scout ever since I first tried her. It was a last second call, but then I read how easy and peat and mold resistant the GSC Extreme is so it felt like the right choice. I’m gonna do each strain, one plant by itself to get myself somewhat experienced. Then I’ll start doing two at a time. Im in a 2.5’x2.5’x63" so I figure two is enough for this size tent. Gonna get a bigger one from Mars Hydro again in the near future. Definitely liking this LED light that came with the tent

23.5 degrees Celsius and 65% humidity is what my apartment seems to stay at too btw. Sometimes it goes down to 60% but pretty much always between 60-65%. Will that be an issue at all? Is 65% too much?

2 Likes

Looking great, good job. New growing same thing I’ll tag you in my journal take a look. I used FFOF got almost 5 weeks before started feeding, I kinda let my plant tell me when then need something, I fed to much to quickly got root lock out. Humidity now is fine when young the young they like it humid, as it gets older you will need to lower, but that’s later. Great job and good luck

2 Likes

Put more soil in those bags. Happy roots = happy cannabis.

They look good. FF OF should be good for 4 to 6 weeks after your last transplant without adding nutes. The best way to manage nutrients would be to get yourself a PPM/TDS meter and manage nutes to an appropriate PPM level of ~1200. Autos can be more sensitive to nutes than photos, so keep an eye out for signs of nute burn.

2 Likes

Plant looks great ! You’ll be surprised how far ocean forest soil will carry your plant before you need to feed. happy growing

1 Like

@Kingkupa @kellydans thanks for the luv, I’m gonna check both of ur grows just cuz I like to be nosey and see what everyone’s doing, plus I try to take bits of info from everywhere. What would the ideal humidity be once it gets older. I know u said it’s not something I need to worry about right at the moment, but just so I know. @MidwestGuy yeah ur right. I put a whole 12 qt. bag thinking it was plenty cuz it pretty much filled it up and only left about an inch or so, but after watering and turning twenty times a day to make sure it is getting as close to even amounts of light as I can, it definitely settled and I realized I should’ve used more soil. I just didn’t wanna tear another bag and have an open one sitting in my room. The apartment I’m in is really nice, but there’s like no type of storage honestly so I’m literally doing everything in my bedroom.

1 Like

@Borderryan22 I’m gonna check urs out too. I wanna see what I should be expecting to look at once I’m getting to the end with this one. How do u like it? I’ve always been a fan of GSC ever since I first tried it, so getting the supermix pack was a no-brainer for me. I can’t wait to get a Bruce Banner seed going. Saving that for last. Gorilla glue is gonna be next. It says outta the mix pack I got that Bruce Banner will be slightly more difficult to grow than the other two cuz it gets much taller. I’ve never tried Bruce Banner though and I hear it’s a really good strain so I’m purposely staying away from it. I want to try it for the first time out of my own grown batch. I’m weird like that :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Humidity level vegetation 40 to 70 Percent flowering stage 40 to 55% That can vary a little and still be fine.

1 Like

@kellydans ok great. Thanks for the info on that. What about watering? Should I be letting it dry out completely between waterings? I constantly feel the urge to add a little water Everytime I see dry soil. I try not to add too much. I was honestly just misting with a spray bottle and 6.6 pH’d water until 4 days ago then I started actually watering her with the jug, but even then, I don’t use too much out of fear of overwatering, but I’m beginning to wonder if I’m underwatering her.

1 Like

My first wasn’t too good. Dried too fast, harvested early because I started getting bud rot after a tropical storm came through. Fluffy, airy buds. Second has only been curing for 5 days but has a much smoother taste and better aroma already. Sticky AF!!! Tons of resin. Be sure to have plenty snacks on deck. I ordered the Hero Mix Pack for my next grow because I like Bruce Banner, but have read it’s kind of a stubborn grow. Never had Black Widow, but I know Skywalker OG does the dang trick. I prefer indica.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy I actually have two TDS meters, one is TDS and the other is TDS/EC. I ordered them all from Walmart’s app but the pH meter was the only one that came with directions and stuff to calibrate it with, the TDS meters have nothing so I haven’t even bothered to use them. I have no idea what to do with them to be honest

Yeah check out my journal super long but had every newbie mistake possible, a good what not to do list, and how to fix. I constantly read the threads learning more and more, I’m just glad that I can help a little bit. Also PERFECT when little use spray bottle around the bottom, you want those roots to grow and expand out. Watering I still use a 1 liter bottle, take off stay nozzle, mix nutes in a 5 gallon bucket or. 2.5 gallon mop bucket thing. I normally wait tell your pots feel light. 2-3 days between, you want your soil to dry out between watering. Left your pots when full after water, feel the weight, that has given me the best, there no 100 right way, but a lot of wrong ways

2 Likes

plant the size of yours , Personally I would water about 16 oz in a 6 inch circular pattern. Wait 3 days Check the weight of the pot should need watered again. As plant gets bigger it will consume more water.

1 Like

Not the pens I have but gives you an idea how to use, and what u r looking for in your run off numbers

2 Likes