GSC auto / a pot for pot first grow questions

Quick update ( promise these won’t be every day moving forward once I get a bit more established.)
I think I def have some light burn happening. The light was actually only like 14 inches away and ppfd was probably over 300. I raised it to 18 inches and now ppfd is about 200-210.

Switched to 18/ 6 and last night was first night of dark. Could the combo of 24 hrs and over 300ppfd have caused the slight yellowing I see ?

Medium was also super dry so I watered about 50ml last night.

Here’s how we look the morning of day 8

Tent temp 66-68
Tent RH 48-52%

1 Like

I don’t see any initial concern. Keep the environmental conditions in check, good decision on the light change and very nice water ring outside the seedling :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@OGIncognito bringin the chill - don’t worry vibes yet again. :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

It’s a hard thing to do Grow Bro….helicopter parenting these young seedlings like our kids :joy:. Keep an eye on new growth, it’ll start out pale and as the plant grows these seedling leafs/cotyledons will die off :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I am getting more concerned about something going on though. Leaves look more yellow and slightly curling up

1 Like

What’s the temp and are you keeping the dome on with moisture inside? Overwatering can also be an issue for seedlings. Shot glass every 3 days. What’s the height and intensity of your light and type of light? Sorry if you’ve answered these but I follow a handful of Growmies and it can get confusing at times :love_you_gesture:

Dome is on. Humid is 68-72% and temp is 70

With the top soil being coco mixed with 2 cups of the super soil from the bottom of pot. The medium felt very dry before I watered it yesterday afternoon. I’m wondering if the roots are hitting dry spots ?

@OGIncognito up until yesterday evening the light was at 14 inches and 300 ppfd. Last night I adjusted to 18 inches and 200-210 ppfd. Also up until yesterday it was on 24 hrs a day. Now it’s 18/6. Temp 66-72 night to day RH 66-73% under dome with holes for air

1 Like

:point_up_2: this is the P4P medium correct? I would get the temps of around 78-85!for seedlings, low temps can stall their growth. I suspect the light may have been the culprit is overwatering is not. The new setting on the light is perfect :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yes P4P- right now these temps are the best I can do :confused:

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed: I made sure the top soil was most out to the edges so it just cannot be under watering at this point. I also raised light up a good 3 more inches. Ppfd below 200 now… any insight is helpful. Don’t wanna lose her lol :confused:

Also you might need to open pics in a diff tab to see super clearly. The leaves are yellow ing and starting to angle up towards light

Update.
Not dead yet lol

2 Likes

Next watering go closer the seedling about an inch around :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Update Watered and top fed a half dose of dr earth all purpose on Sunday. Didn’t fully drench on the watering because medium was still fairly moist. Full drench was Wednesday of last week and light water /feeding was Sunday. When do you think I should shoot to water again and how much ? This is the most confusing part to me, the when and how much to water.

1 Like

@OGIncognito today is day 14 btw

1 Like

She’s still small for 14 days. I would keep the dome on with misting and keep the watering around the outside of the dome every 3 days or so. You can increase the amount of water 6-8 ounces seeing as the pot is large :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Some more context
Tent humidity without dome is between 58-65% now.

i agree

1 Like