Gsc auto 3 weeks in. When to start low stress training

My plants are about 3 weeks. When do I start lst training? Thanks guys

3 Likes

I don’t do autos yet, but I LST photos as soon as they have 5 or six sets of leaves.Tag an experienced grower say @kellydans or @Myfriendis410.

2 Likes

LST can be done on autos anytime during veg. I like to wait until they get 5 nodes before starting LST

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag ! autos I like to fim one time at four or five nodes. That will slow down the upward growth and let the side branches catch up and make a nice even canopy .Autos can be a little finicky I don’t like to slow them down during veg too much they have a short veg time. Your plants are beautiful look nice and healthy. Happy growing !

3 Likes

Thank you. This is my first grow. I don’t know terminology yet. What is fim?

1 Like

@Mayday4852

This is a Girl Scout cookie Auto extreme fimmed one time notice the multiple buds in the center. Side branches even canopy.

1 Like

If you was going to top you would snip the last growth growth completely off and it would fork and have two main buds. If you’re interested in fimming you would take 80% of the last growth, and you will have multiple buds hopefully four. Hope that helps good luck

Good looking plants! I’m also a new grower, growing the same thing just a couple weeks behind.
Your plants look great!
@kellydans very nice!! I hope I can grow something half as good looking! Lol

1 Like

Thanks ! @Caveman86 if I can be of any help give me a tag.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll give you a tag in my journal if you don’t mind. Im just starting out, but hopefully I can get a handle on this and produce something Ike that someday.

1 Like

Sounds good , you’re at the right place, lot of Growers here willing to help and share.

I’m a w eek away from harvest on my girl scout extremes!
I grew them outdoors, and decided to only train one of them. The rest (untrained) grew much taller and have buds growing at lower points, with the buds on the higher nodes larger. I did defoliate and remove lower branches tho.
But I must say that if u are new and are only growing a couple plants then consider not training and letting them go at their own pace thru veg. Some may disagree but it’s too little of plant to risk imo.
Also if u are very new it gives u the understanding of the natural grow and anatomy of a plant if u don’t train.

1 Like