Growth stunted by heat?

In lower Texas. My GSC feminized autoflower sprouted o/a 07/15. I put them out in partial sun after about a week. Transplanted to quart-size at two weeks or so. Put in 4-gal pots at one month. They seemed to be stretching even in full light, but looks like they entered flowering at six weeks with only 12" height. It’s been 100F or close to it for the whole time. Soil is Foxfarm Ocean Forest and using PH balanced aquarium water. Is 90-100F too hot? 12" seems kinda short to sprout pistils…

2 Likes

Likely pot size affected height. It will get bigger as it matures: autos don’t develop quite like photos.

4 Likes

Yep autos flip to flower whenevr they chose too. The transplants likely didn’t help @Mrcrabs is an outdoorser in ur general area. He’s chasing a good outdoor strain for that TX heat. Maybe he can help u thru these hot days

3 Likes

First of all welcome, my friend , im a Texas grower , outdoors but unfortunately this is going to be my first run at autos, I’m going to try and run them like I run my photos, except no going into the ground, somewhat similar to what you’ve done,0plant look old and healthy, I say run with it!! Good luck buddy

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM @RamblerPete ! You’re in good hands.

2 Likes

Thanks. I probably overwatered early on. Once a week okay? Should I let the top of the soil get dry to the touch? With 100F days, I figured more was better. After reading some of “Myfriend’s” posts, looks like that is not the case.

2 Likes

When the pot is sized correctly to the plant and flowering, you very easily could need to water twice per day. When they are small they don’t consume it at the same rate so you have more time. Most of us let pots dry out almost to wilting. Then water to runoff.

4 Likes

I feel your pain. Louisiana is hot as well. I didnt get my photos in until June.The late start I got is killing me now. We are at or above 95 degrees for the last 8 days and forecast for next 6 days are 100 plus. RH is as high as 90% overnight. I could tell some of the plants were really struggling so i brought three indoors and left the three that seem to enjoy the heat and humidity outside. All the plants are in 10 gal fabric pots. The three I transferred to the grow tent were in week 3 of flowering but still look like they just started. Not sure what will happen by moving them inside but they sure perked up in 75 degree weather and 65% RH.

4 Likes

Good move they will love you for it, they should be alright by moving them indoors :+1:

3 Likes

Yea this heat streak is insane. Im out of rainwater to water my girls. Veggies outside are wilting. Plants outdoors too. U can fry an egg on the sidewalk hot… takes the right strain to live in our neck of the woods

3 Likes

Some Sativa Dominant strains do well in high heat and humidity,

2 Likes

Thus im saving my 100% Landrace Sativa Kilimanjaros for outdoors one day. Man im hoping to get some 10fts outta these seeds!:joy::joy:

2 Likes

That a boy, I’m sure you will reach that with ease

1 Like