Growth slowing down after germination

Hi, I’m new here, and new to growing. I just have just a concern that I could possibly get some help with. I planted two Blue Haze seeds. They both sprouted but one of them seems to have either stopped growing or is growing at an alarming slow rate. Do you know what is going on? Can I do anything to help my little baby grow?

1 Like

@rsly1204 they do that, they pop out, look beautiful with a few leaves and stall.
I assure you, she’s still growing, she’s just making roots. You just can’t see the results. Pictures help to see what’s going on.
Welcome to ILGM.

3 Likes

How long and what size pots are they in? Often a stunted growth is a root bound plant. It happens sooner than you think - these girls have big roots!

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you
This is a tool we use here to get to the “root” of your problem

Pics along with the support ticket will help us give you good advice and feedback
It also helps us too
We all learn from each other here

Thank you! Here are my babies.15311789797597682661835334572513|374x500

. The first one is the one that’s doing better of the two. I planted them two weeks ago in 1 gallon planters.

3 Likes

For some reason they both didn’t post. This is the bigger one of the two.

3 Likes

Both look great @rsly1204 yes at this stage they’re going to make some serious roots. Wait about one more week, and they’ll take off again.
Be sure when you water to leave a dry area 3” closest to the plant. That way the roots will seek out the water, and it will encourage root growth.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: Blue Haze

Age from Sprout: 2 weeks

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: miracle grow moisture control potting mix. 1 gallon

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Whenever needed. Stick my finger in soil and feel for moisture.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: not surr

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: not sure

Indoor or Outdoor: outdoor

Light system, size and height from plants: outside sunlight

Temps; Day, Night: 75-85 in the the day 60-70 at night

Humidity; Day, Night: not sure

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: no

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:no

Co2; Yes, No: no

Thanks a bunch. You guys have helped my discouragement big time. I’ll keep on trucking and will reach out if I have more questions. :grin:

2 Likes

I have two seedlings similar to your and mine are small too I think it has something to do with when I first germinated them and sort of neglected them early. I’ve got them under hps now so they should take off within the next week.

1 Like

They look good but on a side note…I noticed in your grow ticket your unsure of your watering ph and run off ph. Proper ph monoriting and adjusting plays an important role in the overal health of the plant. Improper ph can cause a miriad of problems that can easily be misdiagnosed.

6.0-7.0 is range for soil 6.5 would be an optimal number. You dont want to drop out of range for the uptake of P, K or Mg during flowering for example and once in the 7’s range all those nutrients your plant is craving to make sweet delicious flowers are just chillin in your soil the money on nutes…just chillin in the soil. Just shoot for a 6.5. I have never had run off ph issues but i grow all organic so i get some natural buffering action happening in the chemistry of the soil and i have always fallen pretty much in the targeted range when i do check. I would still check your run off regularly. I have been using the same soil and nutes for many grows so its sorta understood now.
Maybe you do know your ph but if not you can pick up a ph meter and tds meter on amazon for less then 15 bucks. I would really suggest one. Dont get me wrong you can grow bud without ever checking ph but you will grow much higher quality bud if you give your girls what they want. I give my wife what she wants…works for me…most of the time. Haha

2 Likes

sorry not the k hahah

Update after 5 weeks:

When do you guys think I should (if need be) transplant them into bigger pots?

2 Likes