Growth height in veg

I grew from 60 days from seed and my plants got to talk because I ran into nutrient problem. Can I top them this late in veg? anyone please

Welcome to the form! You can top anytime you want to but to see results it takes about 2 weeks if you planing on keep them in the veg cycle your fine but if you plan on flipping to flower soon then its not really worth the extra stress on the plants. It takes a plant about a week after there topped for them to not be stressed. Then another week and the lower bud sits will start showing up.

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

If the plant isn’t 6 feet or taller, the plants are not tall at all. I’ve had plants touch the top of my 80” tall grow tent.

I’ve had to bend them straight over as close to a 90 degree angle. I’m gonna have to do it again on the same 3 plants.

And it didn’t hurt the plants at all. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much for responding. Only problem is I have different sizes and different strains and limited on room I have my plants on little carts so I can work with them cause I’m in a wheelchair I lost 1 leg and can’t function other

2 Likes

Thank you so much I’m in a wheelchair and trying to figure out something to do with my life.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I have a light mover in the narrow part and it works stupendous I’m redoing my room and using my 1 big light for the same amount of room and using the 600watt for grow room the rail covers 7ft and you don’t loose any light if anything you gain and you don’t have to worry about burning shit I’ve had em as close as 4"

1 Like

Man by the looks of that tent you got your hands FULL! They are growing like crazy!

1 Like

If they are still in veg, tall is relevant to the finished height. Some strains will stretch up to twice their height when flowering starts.
However, most people top plants by pinching the meristem, you can cut a plant in half if you want. They will tolerate it… clearly trainingbshould be done in the early stages though. But the reason @Myfriendis410 would like that list filled out is because we dont know if its a photo or a auto? Etc.

I think you found it great job!

Welcome to ILGM @Bentley1980 :v:

Another thing to note: blue light keeps plants stout. Viparspar lights keep them nice and wide. Then expensive red light after stretch.